Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Sending mail to new recruit
Last Post 22 Jan 2018 09:51 AM by Old Guard2. 19 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Ladybug

--
20 Aug 2015 12:01 AM
    Hello, all!
    My boyfriend left for boot camp August 11. We agreed he would call his mother first. It is the middle of week two and I still don't have an address. I'm worried that his mother may have missed him stating his recruit group number and hall. Is that information that is given during the first call? If not, when will he send his recruit number and hall to be able to write to him? 

Thank you !
    Gabe474

--
    20 Aug 2015 06:07 AM
    The first call is basically a "I made it and I'm OK" call. I think they read from a card what they say and you don't get to talk at all. A form letter home from Cape May with a lot of general info should arrive soon and will have his Company and address info.

If I have the Company correct his address would be:

SR Last name, First name
    S-191, James Hall
    USCG TRACEN Cape May
    One Munro Ave
    Cape May, NJ. 08204-5083

I think that should be the correct Company and Hall but I'm not 100% positive. I'm sure someone else here can tell you for sure.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    20 Aug 2015 07:18 AM
    I don't believe they do a first call from Cape May any longer. With cell phones and such, people can call saying "I see the gates, love you, I'll see you in 8 weeks!" They can call from the USO in the airport, they can call whomever and make multiple calls. There is a form letter sent. But the first phone call from actual boot camp is week 5 with orders, 1 call, they have to choose who they call.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    20 Aug 2015 08:19 AM
    I double checked and Gabe is 100% spot on. Sierra-191, James Hall.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    teamalvarenga

--
    20 Aug 2015 10:16 AM
    Ladybug: My daughter is there with your boyfriend then, she is in the same Company. Yes they did get a first call home, more like a robot call, reading a script with no info except that they wouldn't call again unless a problem or at the 5 week mark. No other info and we couldn't talk back. The address for mail above is correct. There is a family and friend page on facebook for their group. Just search uscg sierra 191 and it will take you to the closed group and just message the moderator your request to join. A lot of info and support.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    20 Aug 2015 02:37 PM
    Wow, I wonder when they started those again. I haven't heard of the first phone call home in over 7 years.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    teamalvarenga

--
    20 Aug 2015 02:51 PM
    Honestly we did not think we would get a call either. So needless to say when the phone rang and her name came up I thought ohhhhh crap.           But then my daughter (robot) began with Hello, this is SR....do not speak I have arrived ...... lol I literally froze and didn't say a word. Also got the generic letter as well a couple of days ago. I think whoever had a cell phone with them were able to make the call, because there were several parents that did not recieve one.
    CGGDezzy

--
    16 Sep 2015 01:29 PM
    My boyfriend just made it to Cape May at 11:30 pm last night and I received a robot call from him too!
    Kinch

--
    16 Sep 2015 03:44 PM
    We got the call.

Incidentally, they are splitting the company.  X191 and Y191.  They will send a postcard to tell you which company your kid is in.
    Gabe474

--
    16 Sep 2015 04:43 PM
    The only advice I can give is write, write, write. Our son said the letters from home were a huge help in getting through. Upbeat and encouraging. They know you miss them, they would rather just hear the everyday things going on and news from home. With myself, my wife, grandparents and friends all writing him he got more than one comment from the CCs on the volume of mail he received. He said the letters were well worth any flak he took for getting them. We also asked him to let us know if there were any of his shipmates that didn't get much or any mail and we would write them also. Before it was over he did give us a name and we did write telling the other recruit "thanks for being a good friend and shipmate to our son, kick his butt if you see he needs it, etc.". They are all there doing what is the toughest thing most have ever attempted and they all need support.
    S_Kaui

--
    28 Oct 2015 03:06 AM
    They still make the call...Got mine today.
    Lexscdawg

--
    28 Oct 2015 07:08 AM
    They get a call. I got it last night. "Hey, I'm here I'll send you a letter soon."
    GAP

--
    16 Nov 2017 03:02 PM
    My son left on 11/14 and I would like to know what his unit is called and where I can send letters?  His name is Josiah Pattullo.  How do I find this info?
    mdallas

--
    16 Nov 2017 06:23 PM
    My son also left on 11/14 for basic training. This is what I THINK may be how to address his letters. If there are others who know better, please chime in. My son Chris Dallas is also in his company:
    SR Pattullo, Josiah
    KILO-195
    USCG Training Center
    1 Munro Avenue
    Cape May, NJ 08204-5083
    CoachTom

--
    11 Jan 2018 06:33 PM
    Hi

My son left on January 2nd ...I received the phone call when he arrived ....today I received the form letter but it did not include his company or hall?

Any idea on how to find it?
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    12 Jan 2018 07:28 AM
    I hate that the CG closed down that info on uscg.mil I liked being able to tell people halls and company names. Now that just isn't available anymore. You can send a letter without that information, just be sure to use his full name on the letter. It should get to him. Otherwise hopefully someone will come along and have it for you. You can also look at the return address on the letter, it should be there.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    m1ashooter

--
    12 Jan 2018 10:46 AM
    You can also go to facebook on the USCG Families and Friends. They have a facebook page set up for each recruit class to assist parents and relatives through the eight weeks process. They are great people and very helpful.
    Yogilovescoastie

--
    17 Jan 2018 12:53 PM
    Hello forum people!

My boyfriend is at bootcamp now! The first letter came with the address, it says his company is P-195 but it doesn't say anywhere what hall he is in. I just sent the first letters addressed without the hall. Do you think they will get to him?

Also is there anyway I can find out what hall he is in to be sure the next time I write him it's correct?

Cheers
    flacgmom

--
    17 Jan 2018 01:11 PM
    Papa 195 is in Munro hall, but it’s not necessary to put the Hall, only the company.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    22 Jan 2018 09:51 AM
    It isn't necessary but every little bit of info you can include, the better. Also use full names. If you write to J Smith and there is a Joanna and a John, they won't know which recruit to get it to. So write it out SR John Q Smith and then John will get the letter.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement