Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Older Recruit but no less Motivated
Last Post 10 Jan 2016 10:42 PM by CGspouse. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Loronus

--
01 Sep 2015 02:30 PM
    Never did post an Intro thread kind of came in and just asked a lot of questions.

My name is Loronus or Loro for short. Age 27 and back in February when after a sort of series of unfortunate and eye opening events in my family I decided that I wanted to follow through with the goals and dreams I had out of high school and join the United States Coast Guard. I was about 230 pounds and when I contacted my recruiter and some confusion and miscommunication came about from my medical documents he informed me that I would be rejected due to my weight. Rather than giving up I set my eyes on the goal and started at first to be able to meet basic PFT results as well as get my weight down. After moving into my current location at the end of July I contacted the recruiting office with my new weight at 187 ((I thought I was taller honestly at 5' 10")) and the process got going. I wanted to thank everyone who answered any of my questions concerning training and documentation and like the Coast Guard Ethos I am proud to be a future Coast Guardsman as part of the United States Coast Guard. 
    falconpirate89

--
    17 Oct 2015 06:56 PM
    Good job man. I'm older too, 26, and just finished my process of getting slotted for bootcamp. Good luck to you.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    aztecmatt

--
    21 Oct 2015 11:13 AM
    Don't worry about age. I was 25 at boot camp and felt fine. Lot's of guys our age, many after college, police officers, fire fighters, etc.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    stealthtt24

--
    22 Oct 2015 10:50 AM
    Again older guy here, 29 in boot camp. You'll have no issues. Welcome
    Loronus

--
    09 Jan 2016 12:23 AM
    Just made it got reverted once but 3 week gap between my company and the next stuck it out though. Reporting to FS 'A' School Jan 22nd and classes Starting Feb 1st.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AG305

--
    09 Jan 2016 01:12 AM
    great job! so how was it being older in boot? anyone else your age or were you the oldest?
    Loronus

--
    09 Jan 2016 05:13 AM
    Yes in my first company it was like 3 of us all at 27. In my second company it was like 7 of us 3 of them former marines. Very difficult in some cases for myself having younger recruits with their attitudes but made it through all the same.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    09 Jan 2016 07:43 AM
    Congratulations. Reversion is bad enough but when there is such a large time gap it REALLY seems awful. Congrats on making it through. Best of luck in FS A School. Study hard, work hard but don't forget to enjoy a little bit of Petaluma when you can. Having some fun and some relief is a good thing, too.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    09 Jan 2016 07:56 AM
    The biking in NorCal is amazing, I highly recommend spending a couple days exploring San Fran.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    CGspouse

--
    10 Jan 2016 10:42 PM
    Congrats to you! My DH was 29 when he joined, we are both older. I think the main challenge with being older going in is if you are used to having more responsibility and higher 'rank' in the working world, you may have to humble yourself in order to be a non-rate in the CG and learn. However, if you are able to do that I think you will gain so much! The CG has been wonderful to both me and my DH. We are glad to have made the decision and joined as a family. Welcome!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement