Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Any Quick Tips Before Shipping Out?
Last Post 19 Sep 2015 07:47 AM by sammeo. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
sammeo

--
16 Sep 2015 10:00 AM
    Hey everyone. I ship out next week. Are there any tips I should keep in mind before shipping? 

I've been working out daily so I really hope that I can make it through boot, already did well on my practice PT test with my recruiter soo I shouldn't worry too much about that right? And I know all my required knowledge and will review them before I ship out. I'm just getting a bit nervous (but also a little excited). I hope I can make it! I'm terrified I will fail honestly.

USCG_DeJesus

--
    16 Sep 2015 12:57 PM
    The only advice I have is BE LOUD, respond then react, remember you're not an individual you are a part of a company - one WHOLE company, pay attention to detail and know that you can get through anything. Have faith in yourself and keep your head up during the hard times. Mind over matter, if you don't mind it doesn't matter.

Respectfully,

BM3 De Jesus
    DRolph

--
    16 Sep 2015 08:46 PM
    I would suggest studying all of the rates and ranks, general orders, and rank insignia before leaving for basic. Also, it wouldn't hurt to know some basic knots such as the square know, bowline, slip clove hitch with a quick release, and a round turn with two half hitches. The more you know prior to leaving for boot camp will only benefit you in managing your stress while you are in Cape May the first few weeks. Most importantly, you need to show up in shape with a positive attitude.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    m1ashooter

--
    17 Sep 2015 09:28 AM
    Don't worry, do your best and you will be fine. The Coast Guard isn't sending you there to intentional wash you out. They have made a commitment to you and you to them. Do what is expected of you and you will be fine. Remember millions of men and women have been to a boot camp or basic training and graduated. You are starting on the journey of your lifetime. Enjoy the ride.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    17 Sep 2015 10:14 AM
    +1 m1ashooter!! Can you fail? Sure, we can all fail at everything we try to do, even the simplest of things. Will you fail? I sincerely doubt that. The CC's are hard on you but they do that because they are preparing you and want you to succeed. If they wanted you to fail, they wouldn't be doing their jobs. Best of luck and be sure to let us know how things went on the other side of the 8 weeks!!!!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    modernwarfare

--
    17 Sep 2015 11:34 AM
    Remember the stress is as real as you make it, things get better after a couple weeks, PROMISE. Do not take short cuts! don't focus on home, its one of the big reasons people fail. They forget why they are there and desperately want their usual support system. Buy boot socks, and air out your feet. I didnt and lost a toe nail. Dont spray starch on the outside of your uniform and dont iron over any buttons or the emblem on your breast pocket. Stay ahead of the game on your required knowledge packet they give you and use your pocket guide to write down stuff. I taped index cards to the pages and wrote on it
    USCGSouthEast

--
    17 Sep 2015 01:15 PM
    I'm so excited.
    sammeo

--
    17 Sep 2015 06:02 PM
    Thank you everyone for the responses! I feel much better. Looks like I shouldn't be worrying too much and try to look confident when I get there.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    TheLonelyOS

--
    18 Sep 2015 06:03 PM
    I'd personally rest as much as you can in this down time. I know when I went through the night before I didn't sleep but maybe two hours before the 4 am wake up and didn't sleep at all on the plane ride.

A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor
    sammeo

--
    19 Sep 2015 07:47 AM
    @TheLonelyOS Haha I'm assuming you were nervous? Thanks though, I will for sure like to be well-rested when I get there if the nerves don't start kicking in.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement