Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Boot Camp company 9/29 ship date
Last Post 30 Sep 2015 08:57 AM by gianna4998. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Resolved
gianna4998

--
29 Sep 2015 06:41 PM
    Hi! My boyfriend just shipped out today for boot camp and I am really looking forward to writing him letters. I wanted to make sure I had the right hall and company for all recruits shipping on September 29th- bravo 192 James hall - Can anyone confirm this for me it would be greatly appreciated !
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    29 Sep 2015 09:39 PM
    If you don't have an answer, I'll check for you in the morning. Sort of a pain to check from my phone. You have the title of this thread as boot camp 8/29. I'm going to change that to 9/29. Congratulations. If you have any other questions, ask away. We'll be happy to help.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    gianna4998

--
    30 Sep 2015 06:18 AM
    Thank you so much ! I was so stressed last night that I got my months messed up haha oops. Thank you for changing the title I probably wouldnt have noticed
    gianna4998

--
    30 Sep 2015 06:20 AM
    Also is it a good idea to write a letter or two now or is it too early? Should I wait a little?
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    30 Sep 2015 07:29 AM
    SR John Q Public
    Recruit Company B-192
    James Hall
    USCG Training Center
    1 Munro Avenue
    Cape May, NJ 08204-5083

You have it right! You can start writing now. Likely he won't get letters until next week sometime. If you want, you can number the backs of the envelopes, so he reads letters in order. Keep letters to a page, page and a half. He won't have time to read short novels for letters. Also don't expect a letter returned for every letter written. Recruits can only write on Sundays and if they have a couple of people to write to (gf, mom, dad, grandparent) they might not have a lot of time for long letters to be answered. Also remember to keep your letters supportive and easy going. A lot of "I miss you so much, this is so hard, I want you home" won't make life any easier for him. The days are going to drag by but the weeks will really fly! Before you know it he will call with his orders, call on liberty and graduation. So try not to count every passing second.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    gianna4998

--
    30 Sep 2015 08:04 AM
    Thank you so much!!!! I really appreciate it
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    30 Sep 2015 08:09 AM
    A suggestion I saw from someone once... If he has multiple people writing to him, use colored envelopes. Pink from you, yellow from mom, green from grandma. Before he even opens the letters, he will know who is writing! It can be fun. If you are close to his family, you can show up with envelopes for everyone. I was close to my recruits family when he went way back in the 80's. But we never thought to do anything like that. It was nice to visit with my future in-laws, be included in family outings, it helped not miss him so much.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    gianna4998

--
    30 Sep 2015 08:57 AM
    I also heard it's a good idea to send him some envolopes stamped and addressed to save him time so I'm gonna do that to. Thanks for the suggestions!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement