I'm not sure if I'm in the right place, but I'm just trying to get information without any sugar coating.
My husband and I got married 6 months ago and he's looking into joining the CG, he's 23 and I'm 24. But I have some questions as a new and possible wife of a CG.
Some of these questions might be easier to answer with some of this info: my husband scored a 97 on his ASVAB's and he's very mechanically minded.
1. Does he REALLY get to choose where and what job category he works in? (meaning town and mechanical, investigator, port security, etc)
2. If he does get to choose his job category in mechanical, does he get to stay in that one area and stay in whichever station he's at or will he be called overseas and such?
3. Will he come home every night? (maybe not literally every night, but will he be gone for days-weeks at a time?)
4. Will we get financial help for college and housing?
5. If we decide not to live on base, do they help pay for a house outside of base? Or if we do live on base, is it totally covered?
6. Will we move every 3-4 years like I've heard?
7. Is there a really big chance he could die? (I know it sounds stupid, but I'm desperate.)
Thank you for the responses. I'm just trying to get real answers. Thank you!