Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
DEERS/TRICARE
Last Post 26 Oct 2015 02:37 PM by Whitlow513. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Whitlow513

--
20 Oct 2015 09:12 PM
    hi everyone
    having a very difficult time enrolling my daughter into DEERS/TRICARE
    i am in the process of adopting her through our local JAG office here
    but for now, she has no health insurance because DEERS wont take her until she is fully adopted, and TRICARE wont even let me buy other insurance for her until she is cleared through DEERS
    does anyone know how this works or does this seem wrong all the way around?
    my baby has no health coverage and we live on a military base. it just isnt right. she is on my orders, she flew over here on orders, and she lives in housing with me
    but i cant get her some health insurance? 
    thanks
    Trusted Member
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    mkelly

--
    21 Oct 2015 08:52 AM
    Well there is a little bit of conflicting things here in your post. Are you in the process of adopting or have you already adopted? It is your baby but is it legally your baby yet? Did you specifically get per diam for your baby or did your baby fly over here on your orders? I think you are going to have a bit of trouble until the baby is legally yours. Im pretty sure you would get further if you asked this question to your local YN. If the adoption is finalized, then all you need to do is bring over the baby's social, birth certificate, and legal adoption papers.
    Work life would be a good resource for you right now as well. Good luck!
    Whitlow513

--
    22 Oct 2015 05:14 PM
    hi there!
    sorry for the confusion
    in the process of adopting
    it is my wife's biological child, my stepchild
    she flew over here on my orders.
    yeah i am being told that she has to be fully adopted to do anything with DEERS/TRICARE from this point
    grrr..... this process is slow
    yeah that place is awesome!
    thanks for the reply
    my YN is going to get sick of seeing me lol
    Trusted Member / Administrator
    chukles

--
    22 Oct 2015 05:58 PM
    Something does not make sense. If the child is your stepchild and you are married to the childs mother, tricare should be a part of the package. From the tricare website.

http://www.tricare.mil/Plans/Eligib...ldren.aspx

Child Scenarios
    Step-children
    Step-children are eligible for TRICARE as long as the parent of the child and sponsor are married.
    If the marriage ends in divorce, the step-children lose eligibility on the date the divorce decree is final.
    If the sponsor adopts his or her step-children, they remain covered as adopted children even if the marriage ends in divorce.

Am i missing something?
    I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
    Whitlow513

--
    26 Oct 2015 02:37 PM
    yeah my YN and others are looking into it. none of it makes sense. now we are searching for healthcare for her asap because she does not have any. im not trying to be on welfare or anything, i make too much money. this whole thing stinks. you and i are on the same page. hopefully they find an answer and soon. thanks for the link, i will show it to the YN.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement