Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Long trip, but here I am!
Last Post 31 Oct 2015 11:19 PM by m1ashooter. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Informative
USCG1927

--
30 Oct 2015 12:07 AM
    I began this trip almost a year ago, and I finally got a ship date of 5 Jan 2016!
    I have always wanted to join the Coast Guard, but school was important to me and wanted to finish college first.
    The biggest issue with this was weight, as I had gained a significant amount in college and the years following.
    After numerous times speaking with recruiters and being told "no" over and over, I was determined to fix it.
    At 26 years old, I changed my entire life around, from the kitchen to running shoes, surprising the crap out of my recruiter!
    So here we are now; 11 months, 63 pounds, and 2 waivers later..
    I've been to MEPS a few times for various reasons, but I swore in 2 weeks ago and I have a reservation date for Jan 5, 2016
    I have read a ton of the posts from you all on this site, and wanted to say thank you for the contributions of everyone!
    I am looking forward to Cape May, and beyond excited for what the future holds!
    It's tough to describe the incredible feeling when the liaison at MEPS stood up from his desk, shook my hand, and said "Welcome to the Coast Guard". 
    Thanks guys!
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    m1ashooter

--
    30 Oct 2015 09:03 AM
    Congratulations thats a huge mile stone.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    30 Oct 2015 09:15 AM
    Really awesome. Congratulations. Any ideas on what you might want to do in the CG?? Any place you are hoping beyond hope to be stationed?? There are lots of great opportunities out there, grab all of them.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    aztecmatt

--
    30 Oct 2015 10:21 AM
    congrats, good luck at boot camp
    USCG1927

--
    30 Oct 2015 03:36 PM
    Thanks! I am planning to go AST, if the opportunity works out. I qualified for everything, but I don't want to assume too much as far as school openings go and what not.
    I have been an ocean rescue lifeguard for 9 years, so rescue swimmer would be an easy transition.
    Ideally, I would like to stay in the coastal NC area, but I am also excited to travel and I always welcome new adventures and places.
    I would love to see and experience Alaska for a little while, but my fiancé has her fingers crossed for somewhere warmer.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    aztecmatt

--
    31 Oct 2015 03:32 PM
    Well AST school is in NC, so that'd be good for you. I don't think ANY transition to AST is "easy" though.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    m1ashooter

--
    31 Oct 2015 11:19 PM
    Alaska is a great place if you like to hunt and fish for the very short season of day light.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement