Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
SPAMMERS!!!!!
Last Post 08 Feb 2019 04:04 AM by Old Guard2. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Moderator / Trusted Member
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
03 Nov 2015 08:04 AM
    Trust me when I say these insane spammers with their tantric advice are making me crazy! Chukles and I, much more so Chukles, we are trying to come up with a solution to stop this nonsense. We don't like them either. We try to delete messages, we delete accounts. Please don't let those that want to ruin public forum sites with ridiculousness like that stop you from enjoying our little home here. As a precaution, please don't put out there your email address, your phone number, God forbid your mailing address, even your real name. If you connect with someone another parent, another recruit shipping with you, trade that information in private messages. We all have enough riches coming to us from an imprisoned Nigerian Prince. We don't need tantric blessings on our heads, too. Stay internet safe everyone. Ignore those stupid posts and know we will delete them as soon as we are able. Please continue to use this site, ask questions, make friends, answer things for each other. Anyone has any immediate concerns, please PM me. I'll be happy to see what I can do. Macie
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    m1ashooter

--
    03 Nov 2015 10:37 AM
    Old Guard, have you contacted any other forums moderators to see how they prevent the spam?? I'm a moderator on a Gun forum and we have something that keeps the spam out. I can check into if you like.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    03 Nov 2015 12:53 PM
    I'm on very few forums and NONE to the extent that I LIVE here! But sure, please do if you don't mind. I suggest PMing me. Just in case it is something spammers haven't figured out, keep it between us. Then Chukles and I will be more than happy to see if it is an option available. Thanks!!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    pepperdoggie

--
    03 Nov 2015 01:03 PM
    I have no idea how to do it, but there is a way to block the IP address. I think that is the way (military.com) does it. I know because years ago I expressed my opinion and they blocked me permanently.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    03 Nov 2015 02:48 PM
    Oh Pepper, I wish it were that easy. We've tracked the IP, it comes from all different ones. If it were the same one, that would be easy. But they are smart enough to switch it up every time!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member / Administrator
    chukles

--
    03 Nov 2015 06:17 PM
    I am working on a solution to bring this to an end. There are ways to do this but I need to continue with due diligence. I will get it stopped!
    I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    pepperdoggie

--
    04 Nov 2015 01:55 PM
    Call your friends over at the NSA
    reiss_pieces11

--
    07 Feb 2019 06:23 AM
    Return of the spammers? So many spammers have been invading the forum and it's rude that they do... Be safe everyone. Don't click on websites you don't know because they could result in bugs and try to hack into your computer to steal card info, social security, etc. I'm planning on going into the computer industry and becoming a programmer. I'll ask my connections to see if there is a way to prevent them from spamming the forum.
    Keep Calm and Love a Coastie!
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    magmam

--
    07 Feb 2019 02:33 PM
    Old Guard I know the spammers must make you crazy! You guys are doing a great job with this site and we all appreciate it!
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    08 Feb 2019 04:04 AM
    They are insane. I've tried different settings that will attempt to interrupt the spammers but hopefully not good Coasties and family. It doesn't seem to work. But we try.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement