Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Prior Service Rank Question
Last Post 04 Dec 2015 08:40 AM by thestormiscoming. 10 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
tylerp333

--
06 Nov 2015 04:10 PM
    Received Honorable Discharge with 3.5 years of service from the Army and E-4 Rank. After speaking with a Coast Guard Recruiter I was informed only Prior Service with 4 years of service would be eligible to enlist as an E-3. Not implying that I mistrust my Recruiter just looking for additional clarification on this matter. 

Trusted Member
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AirDale13

--
    08 Nov 2015 09:22 AM
    I'll check our SOP tomorrow. My understanding is that you would come in as E3. I'll verify.
    Trusted Member
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AirDale13

--
    09 Nov 2015 08:54 AM
    I do not see anything in regards to time in service that would preclude you from coming in as an E3.
    tylerp333

--
    09 Nov 2015 09:53 AM
    Thank you for your reply. My recruiter mentioned something about budgets, not sure if that would have anything to do with it?
    Trusted Member
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AirDale13

--
    09 Nov 2015 11:11 AM
    No it wouldn't.
    Trusted Member / Recruiter
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    thestormiscoming

--
    18 Nov 2015 02:30 PM
    Posted By tylerp333 on 09 Nov 2015 10:53 AM
    Thank you for your reply. My recruiter mentioned something about budgets, not sure if that would have anything to do with it?

The recruiter might be getting confused about the removal of a lot of advanced pay grade options.  FY16 allows active duty enlisted to come in as E-3 if they have prior military service and served at/above E-3 (can not have completed an enlistment as an E-3), two years ROTC or JROTC, or a bachelors degree.
    yarf1969

--
    24 Nov 2015 05:57 AM
    Good Morning AirDale13,

I am hoping you can assist me with a good contact number for a recruiter in GA. I have had no luck. I live in Kennesaw, Ga. I am prior Air Force, 7 years. 

Thank you!!
    tylerp333

--
    02 Dec 2015 01:32 PM
    Again, thank you both for your replies.

Met with my recruiter today to complete some paper work and I mentioned the rank situation again, still being told that I cannot come in as an E-3 because I do not have 4 years of service. I of course, would like to come in as an E-3 if the Coast Guard says that I am eligible. Is there an FY16 regulation that I can reference? How can I go about this situation without stepping on anyones toes? 

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    thestormiscoming

--
    03 Dec 2015 04:47 PM
    As of yesterday Direct Entry Petty Officer Training (DEPOT) has opened up to a lot of prior service members, and you have to at least be an E-3 to attend DEPOT. If you received an honorable discharge with an RE-1 code and completed a DoD enlistment contract, of at least 2 years in length, you're eligible. ref. Operations Note 011-16

DEPOT is 3-week abbreviated version of the full basic training.
    Ulysses

--
    03 Dec 2015 08:51 PM
    @thestormiscoming Would you happen to have a link to the ops note? I am meeting with a recruiter tomorrow about re-entering and was told I was ineligible for DEPOT although I meet all the requirements you listed. Can't find the note online. The online recruiter I chatted with had conflicting information saying I could go to DEPOT then report to my first unit before signing up for "A" School even though the rate I want is not on the ORL.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    thestormiscoming

--
    04 Dec 2015 08:40 AM
    You wouldn't have access to the link as it would be on our intranet. All you need to ask your recruiter about is OPS Note 011-16. It clearly states the updated requirement for DEPOT applicants, keep in mind there are only two more planned DEPOT dates for this FY (Jan and May). If you start now you might be eligible for DEPOT May 2016.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement