Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Thanks from a father
Last Post 14 Apr 2016 08:55 PM by AlwaysAMom. 10 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Kinch

--
23 Nov 2015 10:39 AM
    Spent a great few days in Cape May this week for graduation.  I would like to thank everyone on here for their advice and assistance.  It was very helpful.

Gabe474

--
    23 Nov 2015 05:24 PM
    Congrats to you and your new Coastie! Where is he stationed?
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    23 Nov 2015 07:34 PM
    I'm so happy he got through this!! Congratulations.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    ConsMom

--
    24 Nov 2015 09:58 AM
    Congratulations to you and your family!! Did the watch make it through boot camp as well?!

Any tips for a mom who will be going through this boot camp journey in March?
    Kinch

--
    25 Nov 2015 08:24 AM
    Small Boat Station Seattle Consmom, my son knew his required knowledge in his sleep and was in good physical condition. He said that knowing the required knowledge really took a lot of heat off of him and directed it to the recruits that don't memorize all that stuff before they get there. Also the physical conditioning is obvious. He knew exactly what he could do in all three events before he went, and didnt have to worry about it. That took a little stress away. My kid was very immature and naive. I was very worried about him. I guess the other thing would be to let him know to stay positive and dont spend any time worrying about things at home or reversion a and their impact on friends and relatives. Just focus on the task at hand and banish all negativity. Oh, and get on the closed group Facebook page for your son's company. The info on there is super valuable. Everything from hotel and amenity information to links to recruit journals. It's a great resource for family and spouses. It's run by volunteers of the USCG Family Assistance Fund, many who are retired Coasties who are very helpful. Thanks again everyone. Happy Thanksgiving
    Kinch

--
    25 Nov 2015 08:28 AM
    OH and the watch. Yes, he is wearing it as we speak. It's a little beat up but he said it was very useful and now he can't go without it. It's just a water proof $25 Casio from Wally World.
    buzsnyder

--
    12 Apr 2016 03:19 PM
    good info. thanks! my oldest is in the recruiting process now...hoping he gets a shot sometime this summer.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    m1ashooter

--
    13 Apr 2016 12:07 AM
    Congratulations. Did you buy the graduation video? We did for Lima 192 and its fun to watch. Your sons experience is like my son's,, he was very prepared also and the attention went to others.
    AlwaysAMom

--
    13 Apr 2016 08:14 PM
    Congratulations!

Mine leaves in five days, for meps and then ships the next morning. "Oh, and get on the closed group Facebook page for your son's company." How do I go about finding the closed group Facebook page for my son's company?

Thanks!
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    m1ashooter

--
    14 Apr 2016 12:07 AM
    I have to ask my wife.  I forgot how I found it.
    AlwaysAMom

--
    14 Apr 2016 08:55 PM
    Thanks! I will look forward to hearing from her.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement