Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
DEPOT now open to prior service
Last Post 28 Mar 2016 03:33 PM by ekmatt88. 18 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Trusted Member
Basic Member
Basic Member
AirDale13

--
04 Dec 2015 09:42 AM
    Just like it says. DEPOT, which is a shortened boot camp, is now open to all prior service applicants. Stop thinking about it call your recruiter!!!!
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    04 Dec 2015 11:18 AM
    Awesome news!! Do you still have to have a related job field to qualify for this?
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member / Administrator
    chukles

--
    04 Dec 2015 11:53 AM
    Can I get back in?
    I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
    Trusted Member / Recruiter
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    thestormiscoming

--
    04 Dec 2015 01:34 PM
    Posted By Old Guard2 on 04 Dec 2015 12:18 PM
    Awesome news!! Do you still have to have a related job field to qualify for this?

No.  As long as you were honorably discharged and received an RE-1 for an enlistment of 2 years or more.

Also, the ASVAB AFQT percentile minimum has decreased to 36 for enlistment.

AND the FY16 active duty enlisted mission has increased from 3,500 to 4,000.
    Ulysses

--
    05 Dec 2015 12:12 AM
    I went to the recruiter today. Granted, there is still some confusion among recruiting offices regarding DEPOT in general and they had to call and ask if I was qualified since this policy is so new. I was! The rates on the Open Rate List are still the rates you must be to come in as an E4 but everyone else will come in as an E3, go to their first unit, then sign up for an A school like they are new nonrates. Now I am just trying to get processed as quickly as possible for the next available DEPOT date. I am wondering if there will be additional convening dates for FY16 than just January and May since this new policy is out?
    rugbyk82

--
    05 Dec 2015 04:42 AM
    There are usually only 2-3 DEPOT dates per fiscal year. I graduated the first one of this fiscal year (in Oct) and the Jan and May are it as far as DEPOT goes until they set the FY17 dates which won't be until August or September. Just so you are aware (if you haven't figured it out already), DEPOT is kind of like the red headed step child. There is not a lot of information out there about it and most recruiters are not too familiar with it either. Not their fault by any means it is just not a common entry they are use to. If you have any questions about what to expect feel free to message me.
    Trusted Member
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AirDale13

--
    07 Dec 2015 03:12 PM
    Don't think so. The May DEPOT class may be a big one......
    ETLaFleur

--
    16 Jan 2016 06:41 PM
    I will be in the Depot class in May 2016. I am prior 6 year-USAF Active/Regular. Any one else joining me???
    zarant

--
    23 Jan 2016 09:29 AM
    Just graduated DEPOT yesterday, I want to reiterate the seriousness of the program and to show up ready physically and mentally. If anyone has questions please message me. I want to pay it
    Forward to all the people who helped me on this forum.
    Trusted Member
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AirDale13

--
    24 Jan 2016 11:45 AM
    Congrats on making it. I heard a few folks didn't take it seriously and were sent home.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    25 Jan 2016 08:08 AM
    AirDale, so you don't just get bumped to a regular boot camp company?? You actually get sent home?? Wow. Yeah, I would strongly suggest showing up ready to do this, 100%. Not that you shouldn't but some people think they'll ease into it. Obviously that won't work.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AirDale13

--
    25 Jan 2016 08:50 AM
    There are cases where they would be reverted just like in normal boot camp but when a recruit shows up running a 1.5 mile in 21 minutes.....they are going home. The same would happen in full boot camp. Basically, everything that applies to full boot camp applies to DEPOT.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    25 Jan 2016 11:58 AM
    Oh that's not good. I think that's about the time I could make... but I'm a 50 year old, out of shape woman. Not someone trying to get into the military. Yikes!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Ardenwolftrap

--
    14 Feb 2016 08:27 PM
    I'll be joining you in May at the Depot. 4 years USMC active, 4 seasons US Forest Service firefighter.
    AlwaysFaithful

--
    15 Feb 2016 07:54 AM
    I started the process last week of trying to get into the DEPOT program. 5 years active Marines, 2 years reserve. All intelligence analyst. Any idea how long a process it is? Can I make it into the May class? The recruiter sent in my packet to the senior enlisted IS to ensure I am eligible, which I don't see why I would not be.
    Ardenwolftrap

--
    16 Feb 2016 05:18 PM
    I found out I was eligible for the DEPOT in a few days. Just a matter of your recruiter talking to the head people of the DEPOT.
    JoClave

--
    17 Feb 2016 08:59 AM
    May 6th. I'm going. Prior army infantry 3 years.
    AlwaysFaithful

--
    17 Feb 2016 02:08 PM
    I shot my recruiter a text message asking if I am eligible for DEPOT and he immediately replied yes. Monday and Tuesday I will be going down to do my ASVAB (since my scores are from 2006) and the medical portion. I will not be swearing in after the medical portion however.

I asked him when I could expect to be done and ready to go with his reply being 90 days. So, assuming everything goes well I am hoping to be going May 6th as well.

I am prior Marine Intel analyst so we have already sent over a rate determination package.

ekmatt88

--
    28 Mar 2016 03:33 PM
    I'm prior service Air Force - have my conditional release approved and waiting on my DEPOT date reservation for late August. I have a question for anyone who knows, but someone just going through might be able to check an LES and find out.

Since I'm currently in with a conditional release, my date of separation (from the AF) should be the day prior to enlistment (and pay date) in the CG. DEPOT ship date is a Sunday but my recruiter said there is a report date Saturday for MEPS (paperwork and a hotel stay). When I went through Air Force basic training my ship date was the day my enlistment started, my pay date, etc. My recruiter thinks that the day prior, the MEPS/hotel day, is the first day for the Coast Guard (and not the ship date). Does anyone have any insight to this? I don't want to put the wrong date and have there be a break in service or still be in the AF when I shouldn't be. An easier way to look at it is, when do you start getting paid? Ship date or hotel stay date? Thanks to anyone who can help!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement