Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Time from signup to receiving ID
Last Post 26 Sep 2016 01:05 PM by GoAux68. 19 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
ysugar1

--
13 Dec 2015 08:29 PM
    Hi all!

I have been a member of the CGUAX for about 6 months now, but have not received my ID yet. Is that normal?

Thanks!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    scoutdad25619

--
    14 Dec 2015 06:39 AM
    Are you still in AP status? You'll be eligible for an ID once you clear security (BQ or IQ status). Then you apply for an ID, and then it takes time for that to be processed (months).
    DUTY IS DOING IT, PRIDE IS WEARING IT, TRADITION IS LIVING IT. “DUTY FIRST” – CHIEF EDMUND ENWRIGHT, CHICAGO F.D. (RETIRED)
    cowboyaux

--
    14 Dec 2015 03:38 PM
    Posted By ysugar1 on 13 Dec 2015 09:29 PM
    Hi all!

I have been a member of the CGUAX for about 6 months now, but have not received my ID yet. Is that normal?

Thanks!

It took me exactly one year before I got my ID. In fact, I went from AP to IQ to BQ with an ID within a week, but it took a whole year to get there.
    ysugar1

--
    14 Dec 2015 06:09 PM
    Posted By scoutdad25619 on 14 Dec 2015 07:39 AM
    Are you still in AP status? You'll be eligible for an ID once you clear security (BQ or IQ status). Then you apply for an ID, and then it takes time for that to be processed (months).

I went into AP status on June 20th, so you're saying im many months away from an ID?
    ysugar1

--
    14 Dec 2015 06:09 PM
    Posted By cowboyaux on 14 Dec 2015 04:38 PM
    Posted By ysugar1 on 13 Dec 2015 09:29 PM
    Hi all!

Thanks!

It took me exactly one year before I got my ID. In fact, I went from AP to IQ to BQ with an ID within a week, but it took a whole year to get there.

WOW! on what date did you sign up?
    cowboyaux

--
    14 Dec 2015 08:04 PM
    It was early July and I got my card about 53 weeks later.
    ysugar1

--
    14 Dec 2015 10:25 PM
    Posted By cowboyaux on 14 Dec 2015 09:04 PM
    It was early July and I got my card about 53 weeks later.

wow, that's crazy! What takes them so long?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    scoutdad25619

--
    15 Dec 2015 03:17 AM
    Yes. You're many months from and ID. At this point, it's taking 12-18 months to clear security. The delay is people. Simply put, there are less people to do the work then before. So now you clear security, and you submit your ID application... Another 3-6 months is the last timeframe I heard. If it comes beforehand, I'd be very surprised.
    DUTY IS DOING IT, PRIDE IS WEARING IT, TRADITION IS LIVING IT. “DUTY FIRST” – CHIEF EDMUND ENWRIGHT, CHICAGO F.D. (RETIRED)
    NYBo

--
    16 Dec 2015 10:29 AM
    This appears to vary from district to district. While some of the delay applies to everyone everywhere, I have a feeling that the time it takes to put the request in the hopper, so to speak, is what varies, and can add months to the process.
    PotomacAux

--
    29 Dec 2015 02:22 PM
    We're seeing about a year from initial paperwork to IQ or BQ.

There's a lot an AP member can accomplish while awaiting IQ. Our Division's 2014 Auxiliarist of the Year was an AP member who waited over a year for his IQ/BQ/ID, which all came in one blow.

Prospective members need to be told up-front about the lag and guided about what they can do while awaiting clearance. Manage expectations...
    fltech

--
    27 Jan 2016 03:48 PM
    Joined in January 2015, still in AP status. Rumored 18-24 months now. ehh. Running out of training to do.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    scoutdad25619

--
    30 Jan 2016 08:33 AM
    There's always training to do. Start applying it in the field as soon as you're able. Once you start using it, you'll see where you can A.) Either learn more, or B.) Need to re-learn something. BQ or AP, you can and should be working. Don't let the lack of a plastic card discourage you.
    fltech

--
    01 Feb 2016 08:50 PM
    Finishing AUXOP in the next couple of months and almost done with everything in NTC. Mandated Training has now been completed for a year.
    Day2

--
    07 Mar 2016 03:20 PM
    We have one lady who will have been in AP status for 2 years next month. During that time she has completed her Boat Crew training, earned her AuxOp, gone to C-school and is now our flotilla vice commander. Yes, it's frustrating but no reason to quit training.
    cg2er410

--
    08 Mar 2016 06:56 AM
    Senior Leadership of both the Coast Guard and AUX are very aware of the problem according to what both the Commandant and National Commodore said at N-Train 2016. They are looking at all kinds of alternatives to try and fix from throwing an AUX/ Reserve unit(new unit AUX staffed, Reserve led)at it, to looking at what exactly is required for the background check to see if something could be dropped yet still meet security requirements. To quote the Commandant this is "UNSAT" and if "he" (Commandant policies/procedures) are part of the problem, then he will get that fixed. I know from discussions with BSX this is what they're currently working on. But essentially, its about $ and the lack thereof.
    waterguytony

--
    02 Apr 2016 10:01 PM
    We have a member that went BQ in 2-3 months.. She works for TSA so her previous clearance might have helped..
    Ardalan11b

--
    27 Apr 2016 09:04 AM
    Hi all, Im new as well, joined less than a year ago. Last I got from my FC was that certain AUX members are starting/able to do the Background checks, and cranking through around 50 a day. So they are expecting the backlog of over 3500 applicants to get cleared up somewhat soon. To me this is great news.
    jvj1911

--
    28 May 2016 02:07 PM
    I've been in the Aux since March. Well hopefully, the backlog will be cleared up soon. I'm sure I'm in the 3,500 still waiting to be cleared. I'm encouraged that I can still get my boat crew qualification and AUXOPS badge before that PSI is complete. I've been working hard on these qualifications and a few others.
    James V. Jackson U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary District 9CR Division 18 SO-OP Flotilla 18-05 FSO-SR/FSO-PB
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    VicNaz1

--
    28 Jun 2016 07:59 AM
    Further issues regarding delays with ID cards have cropped up.

Unrelated to the issue of time to process is a purely technical pair of issues. First up, the USCG.MIL eMail accounts have a serious issue receiving attachments. In most cases their eMail accounts apparently cannot receive any attachment more than 2 Meg. in size. In other instances I have seen them reject all attachments from particular eMail systems (Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, etc.) and there doesn't seem to be any specific pattern to who gets rejected of for what reason. This directly impacts sending ID photos to DirAux.

There is also a specific issue that seems to crop up from time to time with JPEG photos. In many instances the JPEG is simply filtered out of an eMail entirely regardless of size. In other instances the JPEG photo is displayed in the body of the eMail but the individual at DirAux may not understand how their particular version of Windows and Outlook handle that type of attachment and may incorrectly think there IS NO attachment. I have personally seen several of these issues both in dealing with my own USCG.MIL account and in dealing with folks at DirAux. As a side note, as recently as last November I seem to remember seeing USCG computers still running Windows Vista. I believe the computers I saw this past weekend were all running Windows 7. Be aware that there may be hard-to-figure-out Microsoft compatibility issues with Windows or MS-Outlook.

I am about to try a new thing. I'm going to burn a CD (USB thumb drives are verboten) with the JPEG photos of each individual I need IDs for and mail it to DirAux. I know using $ and the USPS is very old school (even older than burning CDs) but it may be the only way.

As to the paperwork processing part, I can only hope that a solution to the backlog manifests quickly. I have lost members because of this. The compound issue of paperwork delays and parochial attitudes by some at higher leadership levels has apparently driven morale down quite significantly.
    GoAux68

--
    26 Sep 2016 01:05 PM
    11 months for me AP to BQ
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement