Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
New to the forum Intro - Prior service AF seeking SRDC
Last Post 06 Jan 2016 12:10 PM by RedLiner. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
RedLiner

--
05 Jan 2016 04:27 PM
    Hello everyone, 

I'd like to start by saying I have been browsing this forum for a couple weeks and have already learned a lot from posts/threads submitted.  I wanted to give a little background on myself and why I am here, also potential opportunities I am seeking. Hopefully I will be able to become a member of the USCG and I look forward to hearing from the members here.

My name is Ben Smith and I was born and raised in the Martinsburg, West Virginia area and started working for my father's construction company part time before and after school as a young teenager.  I believe in hard work and continuously advancing my education (Top 25 of Musselman High School class, BA in Intelligence Studies (Dean's List) through American Military University, and currently taking Executive Education courses through The Darden School of Business - UVA). 

I served in the US Air Force (WVANG) for 8 years rising to the rank of Technical Sergeant (E-6) earning 14 medals/ribbons to include the Air Force Achievement Medal, Air Force Meritorious Service Medal (w/bronze oak leaf cluster), BMT Honor Graduate Ribbon, Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon, and WV Special Duty Assignment Ribbon (w/silver cross) to name a few.  I started working for National Fruit Product Co. in January of 2015 as a Business Process Analyst (background in Intelligence Analytics/Operations) and quickly learned the operational aspects of the company while analyzing efficiencies, changeovers, and manufacturing practices. After almost 6 months I transitioned into Private Label Sales holding a lead management role for White House Foods. Just recently, I have been promoted to the staff level and work directly for the CEO/President of National Fruit Product Co.  

My wife and I have been married since May 30, 2015, and we are expecting our first child at the end of May 2016.  We currently reside in Stephenson, VA.  I am also a strong supporter/volunteer of the USO Metropolitan Washington-Baltimore, Allied Forces Foundation Washington DC-Metro, and 4 Wheel 2 Heal military veteran programs. 

Now for something that isn't from my work bio: 

I am currently looking into commissioning opportunities (SRDC) with the Coast Guard Reserve.  I have missed the military since my ETS and I selected to work in the civilian force instead of re-enlisting. I enjoy my civilian career, but would love to supplement it with becoming a Coast Guard Reserve officer.  I have always been very interested in the Coast Guard missions; primarily coastal security, drug interdiction, search & rescue, and ICE/other LEO operations. I will be making a separate post in the USCG Officer Questions section to ask for comments/advice on more detailed information in regards to the program itself, different vacancy roles/responsibilities, and open discussion.  There are Intelligence, Incident Management, Marine Inspection, and Enforcement management vacancies (along with some others) open within my travel radius of Baltimore, MD, Portsmouth & Norfolk, VA.  I appreciate any help and look forward to the excellent feedback which I have already witnessed on this forum.

Thank you,
    Ben
    Trusted Member
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AirDale13

--
    06 Jan 2016 11:30 AM
    You sound like a squared away individual. Good luck in the process.
    RedLiner

--
    06 Jan 2016 12:10 PM
    Posted By AirDale13 on 06 Jan 2016 12:30 PM
    You sound like a squared away individual. Good luck in the process.

I appreciate that and I am looking forward to the process!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement