Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Finding the correct hall/company
Last Post 21 Feb 2016 11:34 AM by Old Guard2. 17 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
melclte

--
08 Feb 2016 10:16 PM
    So I know this gets repetitive but my boyfriend arrived in Cape May on Feb 2nd. I was going to wait to hear from him first but I want to go ahead and send him a letter. I believe he might be in M192 but not totally sure. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated!!
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    09 Feb 2016 10:59 AM
    SR John Q Public
    Recruit Company M192
    Munro Hall
    USCG Training Center
    1 Munro Avenue
    Cape May, NJ 08204-5083
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    a.brionez3

--
    10 Feb 2016 12:16 AM
    Mine did too!
    a.brionez3

--
    10 Feb 2016 12:18 AM
    How would I address the letter
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    10 Feb 2016 06:40 AM
    The answer I posted, how is that confusing to you??? That is exactly how you address it. Just replace John Q Public with your recruits name.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    10 Feb 2016 08:02 AM
    how is that confusing to you???

I'm gonna venture most millenials have never written and mailed a letter before. Texting, email, snapchat, instagram, facebook, and such have made standard mail nearly obsolete.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    10 Feb 2016 09:49 AM
    That was really snarky of me... It was early, it is my Coasties birthday, I hadn't had coffee yet... It's a letter. There's the address. You're welcome.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    melclte

--
    10 Feb 2016 10:01 PM
    Thank you for confirming address for me, Old Guard2! Mailed it out this morning!
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    11 Feb 2016 12:39 AM
    You're welcome. I'm sure your boyfriend will appreciate it. Boot camp is tough, knowing people at home are thinking of you, makes it a little easier.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    a.brionez3

--
    11 Feb 2016 12:41 AM
    Nope written plenty of letters. I meant more in the form of do I have to put last name then first name. Are they known as something until graduation like in the airforce where you must put AB. And then also things like I saw on a website that new recruits would be hall James and company J192. That was what I meant...
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cyndyd

--
    11 Feb 2016 05:27 AM
    I know on the training center website it list the company and what hall they are in. My question is how often do they change halls as a company and does that website update immediately? Also are they in the same hall they started in week one, after being picked up by their CC's? The reason I am asking is because I would like to start sending letters the day or even the day before my son ships.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    11 Feb 2016 06:09 AM
    I'll say it again... What was confusing to you a.brionex?? SR means Seaman Recruit. Then his name. First first or last first really doesn't matter. Just use his name. Even if you left the SR off, the letter wouldn't be returned. It would still be delivered. You are dissecting this process to a level that is unnecessary.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    11 Feb 2016 06:12 AM
    Cyndyd... That's the hall they'll be in for the duration unless a recruit changes company. A problem could arise in a barracks and they'll have to change but still no worries. If the company is correct, the letters will get there. All good!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Speck_D

--
    14 Feb 2016 11:49 AM
    For whatever reason the mail at cape may is very delayed, and sometimes it can take 2-3 weeks for mail to arrive, but trust me that letter will be a huge present once he gets it!!!
    melclte

--
    19 Feb 2016 09:01 PM
    I got two letters this week! feeling very lucky
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    20 Feb 2016 06:36 AM
    Letters are great!!! My son graduated boot 7 years ago. I still have all his letters.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    melclte

--
    20 Feb 2016 10:24 AM
    I plan to do the same! Did he say whether or not he kept all of his letters he received during boot camp, too?
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    21 Feb 2016 11:34 AM
    He had a huge binder full of all the letters he received. Doors he still have it? I figure he does but I haven't asked.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement