Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Boot camp tips
Last Post 14 Feb 2016 02:29 PM by danj25. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
RedKing814

--
09 Feb 2016 09:52 PM
    Anyone have some boot camp tips for when any of us on this decide to enlist and find out a shipping date to boot camps and things to help us prepare!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    EvenKeel

--
    09 Feb 2016 10:17 PM
    Before you go know all of your required knowledge by heart AND rates and ranks, including how to verbally describe them. That will help you out a lot. Obviously make sure that you can meet and preferably exceed the minimum PT requirements.

Be loud and when I say loud I mean LOUD!! Scream at the top of your lungs anytime you say anything. At first few others, if any, will be as loud as you and thats a good thing. You get "picked on" less and the only downside, if you see it as one, if you sound off like you should be in forming week is that you might be chosen to fill a squad lead position because you will appear to be more squared away.

If you ever feel like quitting, just know that almost everyone else is at least thinking about it, but solidify it in your head that you'll be damned if you quit. Find a reason to never quit.
    "You can't run from the wind. You trim your sails, face the music, and keep going." - Captain Sheldon, White Squall
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    TheLonelyOS

--
    10 Feb 2016 06:12 AM
    You are getting paid to workout.
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor
    Mes161

--
    11 Feb 2016 08:41 PM
    Get used to drinking A lot of water. What I mean by this is you are required to to drink to large glasses of water/liquid at every meal. It is harder than it appears. We had a kid throw up because he could t handle that much water
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AG305

--
    11 Feb 2016 09:08 PM
    Posted By TheLonelyOS on 10 Feb 2016 06:12 AM
    You are getting paid to workout.

this has been my selling point. paid to workout which is something many people do for free and if you make it into bootcamp just know that youre lucky. dont take it for granted! with the CG being the most selective branch tons of people wish they were able to be there and will do anything to be as lucky as you so dont be spoiled and quit or something.

im not even in yet but thats where my minds at.
    Speck_D

--
    14 Feb 2016 11:46 AM
    Hey I just found this looks like there are some good tips here as well as some other info I think is pretty accurate!

http://www.goingcoastguard.com/coas...camp-tips/
    danj25

--
    14 Feb 2016 02:29 PM
    remember 15 people are trying to get your spot on that bus. days are long, weeks fly by. youll hate your CC's than they'll be not too bad. learn your required knowledge! knew my stuff well. general orders, rates and ranks. i mean backwards forwards and everything. CC's will ask you name all the rates that start with mike, you better get all four. i had 3 cc's, each one stopped me in the galley once early on, i knew my stuff confidently, was loud, and i was never stopped again. now i still got yelled at, IT'd and went to ramp. youll be tired, hungry, sore. but just remember your brothers and sisters will be the same. be prepared physically. shoulder work, pushups, crunches, flutter kicks.they first 5 weeks suck. seems like there is no point to all the pain. but graduation will happen. theres moments where youll see everything had a reason. you make great friends. i got a hell of a station. but any where you go youll have a blast and appreciate all that hard work you put in at cape may
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement