Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
June 28th 2016
Last Post 07 Jul 2016 04:30 PM by Old Guard2. 48 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages Informative
willie_Duv

--
19 Feb 2016 10:22 AM
    Who's with me?
    Rolandg0987

--
    09 Mar 2016 06:39 PM
    I'm shipping June 28th also! Best of luck training for boot.
    Rolandg0987

--
    09 Mar 2016 06:39 PM
    I'm shipping June 28th also! Best of luck training for boot.
    willie_Duv

--
    11 Mar 2016 08:11 AM
    Awesome, great to see someone else also shipping this day! Best of luck to you also. Where you coming from?
    ParksFz1

--
    07 Apr 2016 05:32 PM
    Hey guys. I just got my reservation for June 28th confirmed today. My name is Austen Parks and I'm from the central Texas area. I look forward to getting started. Good luck with your training and studying!
    kenzie_m

--
    12 Apr 2016 03:34 PM
    Hey guys! I'm Mackenzie and I'm from Rhode Island. I'll be with you guys too, can't wait to get started!
    NBazzano_

--
    21 Apr 2016 08:24 PM
    Me as well shipmates.. See you all there
    Leilahgabrielle

--
    26 Apr 2016 09:34 AM
    I ship this day as well. Best of luck
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AG305

--
    28 Apr 2016 11:44 AM
    im with you guys! good luck and if any of you need help with anything let me know.
    Trusted Member
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AirDale13

--
    28 Apr 2016 06:45 PM
    I'm shipping one to join you guys in the festivities......
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AG305

--
    28 Apr 2016 08:58 PM
    Posted By AirDale13 on 28 Apr 2016 06:45 PM
    I'm shipping one to join you guys in the festivities......

for sure. bring em on! the more the merrier 
    Rich32

--
    03 May 2016 12:11 AM
    How long have you guys been in the recruiting process? I have a my 1st meeting with my recruiter this Friday. Any tips for me?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AG305

--
    03 May 2016 06:40 AM
    Posted By Rich32 on 03 May 2016 12:11 AM
    How long have you guys been in the recruiting process? I have a my 1st meeting with my recruiter this Friday. Any tips for me?

first meeting ever or a dep meeting? ive been in the process for about 10 months. its been a very long journey for me.
    willie_Duv

--
    03 May 2016 09:56 AM
    I have been in Dep since April 4th; started talking to a recruiter around last November. If you are going to meps just be ready to sit around for a couple hours. I would suggest writing any questions down that you have if you are just going to your recruiter. Every time I went, any question I would have always got lost once I walked through the doors of the recruiting office.
    ParksFz1

--
    03 May 2016 04:16 PM
    Hey everyone! I made a flashcard set that covers the required knowledge. You are welcome to use them: http://www.cram.com/flashcards/helm...n-7167602. Let me know if you think anything should be added.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AG305

--
    03 May 2016 04:28 PM
    one thing thats worth learning thats not in the helmsman are the different rating insignias. i went ahead and memorized them all so that its easy to identify someones rating whenever you see it on a uniform. i guess its not in the helmsman because its not something so important to know in bootcamp and you really only ever see a rating insignia on dress uniforms but still, something cool to learn anyway.
    Leilahgabrielle

--
    05 May 2016 01:09 PM
    That's great Thank you Parks
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AG305

--
    10 May 2016 09:37 AM
    hows everyones training and studying going? you guys ready??
    willie_Duv

--
    10 May 2016 09:59 AM
    Posted By AG305 on 10 May 2016 09:37 AM
    hows everyones training and studying going? you guys ready??

Going great so far. I have the General orders down-along with enlisted rates and ranks. And of course military time and phonetic Alphabet. I'm still in high school so begin on the track team has been in my favor for training. Extremely excited to start up. How about yourself? From my understanding you have been in the process pretty long.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AG305

--
    10 May 2016 10:22 AM
    thats great! yeah, ive been in the process for almost a year. its given me plenty of time to learn that helmsman cover to cover before i even received the actual one from my recruiter so thats good lol the running is whats absolutely destroying me right now =(
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AG305

--
    11 May 2016 07:30 AM
    i talked to a fellow shipper who had a buddy who recently graduated that gave him a bunch of papers that they give you in boot camp of stuff you learn there that youre tested on. stuff thats not in the helmsman. things like CG history and weapons basics and nomenclature of an M16, some different types of lines and knots. pretty amazing stuff to get a headstart on! if you guys want them, PM your emails and ill get them to you.
    Leilahgabrielle

--
    11 May 2016 09:39 AM
    I'm with you on the running. Started doing different types of sprints, it's helped me a lot
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AG305

--
    11 May 2016 02:25 PM
    thats awesome leilah. how long do you run for?
    willie_Duv

--
    11 May 2016 11:56 PM
    Yeah that would be awesome Duvallwill622@gmail.com thanks man!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AG305

--
    12 May 2016 07:43 AM
    will, i sent them to you. i suggest printing them out and making them into a packet to complement your helmsman.
    Leilahgabrielle

--
    16 May 2016 12:02 PM
    Leilahgabrielle@gmail.com
    Leilahgabrielle

--
    16 May 2016 12:15 PM
    not long I definitely still have a lot of room for improvement
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AG305

--
    16 May 2016 02:47 PM
    ive been concentrating mainly on my running and doing lots of leg excercises since i suck so bad lol calf raises of all types and squats like crazy! where you shipping from?

i sent you an email with the papers.
    Leilahgabrielle

--
    16 May 2016 03:04 PM
    Great TY. I'm shipping from Miami
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AG305

--
    16 May 2016 03:07 PM
    no way me too! you go to the dep meetings? ive probably already seen you.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement