Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
HEY!
Last Post 26 Apr 2016 02:08 PM by AirDale13. 14 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
eastcoaster89

--
26 Feb 2016 10:03 PM
    hey all- extreme newbie here. after much back and forth debate, finally bit the bullet and made first attempt at contact with a recruiter.   I soon hope to be a part of this fine service just like all of you! nervous and excited to see whats in store for me! As many of you have posted- I'm starting this career out at age 26. better late than never!

say hi!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AG305

--
    27 Feb 2016 10:29 PM
    hey there! welcome to the site. i think you made a great choice in choosing the coast guard and contacting a recruiter. dont be afraid to ask any and all questions you may have. this site and everyone on here is very helpful and will guide you in the right direction.
    eastcoaster89

--
    28 Feb 2016 06:50 PM
    thanks a lot for the welcome.  as of right now I'm interested in the gunners mate , damage control, and yeoman rates. in that order. any guidance on where to go from here would be great!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AG305

--
    29 Feb 2016 08:09 AM
    well you already got in contact with a recruiter so thats good. im sure he/she will let you know everything you need to know to get started. what have you guys discussed?

GM is a pretty cool rating. my recruiter is a GM and he likes what he does. if you like working with guns and working on all types of weapon systems then youll be pretty happy as a GM.
    eastcoaster89

--
    29 Feb 2016 08:21 AM
    Nothing yet- I just had made the first step to reach out
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AG305

--
    29 Feb 2016 08:37 AM
    ok thats cool. when you hear back from them everything you have to do will be explained to you. it really isnt that hard of a process, just tons of waiting around so its a test of patience lol.

im actually at the last leg of the process myself. its been real simple and straight forward but just slow. no big deal.
    eastcoaster89

--
    29 Feb 2016 08:51 AM
    Haha. Yeah. I understand. Honestly I got the application in November, but I was stil tossing around the idea. Think I'll just send that in the mail today as an extra step. I wanted to be absolutely sure. Yup... Trust me I know about long processes. In the midst of PA State Police processes. But I definitely am leaning towards coast guard. All good things have a wait after all!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AG305

--
    29 Feb 2016 10:00 AM
    send that in! its definitely worth it. you know how awesome it is to be able to go from boot camp directly out into the field without being stuck doing something you dont like?? the CG beats all the other branches with just that right there. no need to even compare missions lol
    eastcoaster89

--
    29 Feb 2016 10:27 AM
    Lol you're definitely right! Currently just put an envelope together at work, lol. What job are you looking to do?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AG305

--
    29 Feb 2016 10:38 AM
    i have a few im interested in but just waiting to see which i like best once im out in the fleet. top 5 would be BM, MK, ME, AMT, AET in no particular order. kinda leaning towards BM though because i like versatility but well just wait and see what happens when i actually get out there.
    eastcoaster89

--
    29 Feb 2016 10:52 AM
    Yeah definitely. Good luck on that !
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AG305

--
    29 Feb 2016 12:44 PM
    thanks. good luck to you too! lets us know how everything goes.
    eastcoaster89

--
    29 Feb 2016 01:49 PM
    I certainly will
    mwedel

--
    26 Apr 2016 12:38 PM
    Welcome! I'm new here too; I'm 18 and going to MEPS (Dallas) Thursday, I hope to be a GM (Gunner's Mate) I scored a 69 as my AFQT and a 230 for the total of AR+MK+EI+GS, the min. is 209 so I qualify for it, I need to get a guaranteed "A" school. what MOS are you wanting? take the ASVAB?
    Trusted Member
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AirDale13

--
    26 Apr 2016 02:08 PM
    You cannot enlist as a Gunners Mate: AKA: Guaranteed "A" School. You qualified for it so you will just go through the normal channels of joining the USCG and putting your name on the GM list when your time comes. Also, we don't say MOS in the USCG we say "rating or rate". Good luck!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement