Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Recruiting age
Last Post 02 Oct 2016 08:04 PM by AirDale13. 11 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
eastcoaster89

--
29 Feb 2016 06:39 AM
    Morning all,
    Well I'm almost certain this question has been asked already, so sorry in advance if it has..
    I'm currently 26 years old, to turn 27 In November. I know that's the cut off or enlisting active duty. Would I definitely have to enlist in one of the critical rate (os/fs) to meet the 32 y/o age requirement? Or am I still able to go for one of my interests? (GM, DC or YN). Thanks all, been browsing for a while, has some great resources here!

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AG305

--
    29 Feb 2016 07:18 AM
    27 is the cutoff meaning you have to be in already before turning 28. i believe there is an age waiver but i have no idea how easy it is to get or how long it takes. if you start the process now and dont have any medical or background problems or anything else thatll slow your process down then you should be fine.
    eastcoaster89

--
    29 Feb 2016 07:25 AM
    Ok good to know
    Trusted Member / Recruiter
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    thestormiscoming

--
    29 Feb 2016 02:35 PM
    My office put in four 28-31 year old recruits to Cape May last year with age waivers. They all had a bachelors degree, so that helps for an age waiver, but job experience will do the same. If you're wanting to join, now is one of the best times in recent history with all of the rating bonuses, new cutters, short A school waits, etc.
    eastcoaster89

--
    29 Feb 2016 04:10 PM
    Thanks storm. So, if I sign up now while I'm in the 26-27 range I'm good?

Trusted Member / Recruiter
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    thestormiscoming

--
    29 Feb 2016 05:33 PM
    As long as you attend basic training before turning 28 you won't require an age waiver.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    m1ashooter

--
    29 Feb 2016 05:47 PM
    Also look at your debt to income ratio. I can't image a 26 year old with out some debt.
    eastcoaster89

--
    29 Feb 2016 08:27 PM
    Yeah, lol. I'm sure there's SOME thing out there. I'll make sure to check everything.
    Trusted Member
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AirDale13

--
    01 Mar 2016 07:29 PM
    There are also different age limits for active duty.
    The 28 limit has already been discussed along with that there is:
    Enlisted with a bachelors degree= 30
    Enlisted selecting a critical rate = 32
    Officer Candidate School = 31
    eastcoaster89

--
    01 Mar 2016 07:41 PM
    thanks AirDale13,

filling out the application and putting together the appropriate documents as we speak!
    jfhende

--
    02 Oct 2016 04:39 AM
    eastcoaster,

Im just wondering how your experience turned out. I am 36 yrs and wanting to enlist. Did you end up going through processing etc? Did you find any other "seasoned" recruits that were able to enter with something like an age waiver?
    Trusted Member
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AirDale13

--
    02 Oct 2016 08:04 PM
    Posted By jfhende on 02 Oct 2016 05:39 AM
    eastcoaster,

Im just wondering how your experience turned out. I am 36 yrs and wanting to enlist. Did you end up going through processing etc? Did you find any other "seasoned" recruits that were able to enter with something like an age waiver?

We had a 36 year old that got an age waiver approved but he had a culinary degree and had to choose FS (Food Service). Other than that, active duty is a no go at 36; the reserves would be your option.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement