Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
What are the chances?
Last Post 08 Mar 2016 01:09 PM by Gears. 15 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
SchoonerBum

--
05 Mar 2016 07:04 AM
    See the above.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AG305

--
    05 Mar 2016 07:24 AM
    chances of what?
    SchoonerBum

--
    05 Mar 2016 09:55 AM
    Chances of getting aboard an 87' WPB
    SchoonerBum

--
    05 Mar 2016 09:56 AM
    Didn't specify, my mistake
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AG305

--
    05 Mar 2016 11:17 AM
    about the same chances as getting a small boat station. all you can do is ask for one, it doesnt hurt to ask.

youre interested in an 87 footer? me too! there seems to be lots of them so i dont see it to hard to possibly get.
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    05 Mar 2016 03:56 PM
    87's and 154's only have two nonrates attached. Is it possible to get one? Yes. Are the odds in your favor? Not really.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AG305

--
    05 Mar 2016 04:01 PM
    70 or so 87s with 2 spots on each seems good. of course thats if theres absolutely no non rates at the time youre getting your first unit. the real important thing to do is not get your hopes up.
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    05 Mar 2016 05:40 PM
    70 or so 87s with 2 spots on each seems good.

That's roughly 140 billets out of probably 3000ish (someone else can look up the actual #) that nonrates fill, the odds aren't that great.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AG305

--
    05 Mar 2016 08:23 PM
    yeah, i guess youre right gears. one can hope no??
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    m1ashooter

--
    06 Mar 2016 12:41 AM
    My son wanted a small boat station in Florida. He got a 210 out of Florida. At least he got assigned to Florida.
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    06 Mar 2016 05:27 AM
    one can hope no??

We call it a dreamsheet for a reason.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AG305

--
    06 Mar 2016 07:48 AM
    M1, do you know if he put down what was more important, job or location? i like to think if he wouldve put down job he wouldve got a small boat station but not in florida and if he put location he got florida but not a small boat station.
    SchoonerBum

--
    06 Mar 2016 10:34 AM
    Well, my Dreams fall in this order, 87', 154', small boat station and location doesn't matter to me too much. Well, I do like diving, so if there is a club or something so much the better.

Thank you all for your responses, and I'll update in 60 days (or more, who knows how much I'll screw up, I hope none) or so.

This forum has been invaluable.

May you all have fair winds, following seas, and beautiful days.

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    TheLonelyOS

--
    07 Mar 2016 06:05 PM
    I've seen most 87's have 3 non rates. I was on one for 3 years and had 3. 2 deckies and a single fireman.

I put down anything in D7 and got D8 on an 87.

What's your draw to the 87s?
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AG305

--
    07 Mar 2016 06:35 PM
    Posted By TheLonelyOS on 07 Mar 2016 06:05 PM
    What's your draw to the 87s?

i think the OP may be in boot camp but i like the 87s as well. those and the harbor tugs. the small crew is what i like best. small crew means lots of responsibility as a non rate. thats how i see it.

how was life on the 87 you were on? where did you live once you were able to live off the cutter? what else do i need to know about them? no info is too much.
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    08 Mar 2016 01:09 PM
    I've seen most 87's have 3 non rates

Interesting. When I was on an 87' we only had 2.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement