And here's the Personnel Manual requirements for ALL special assignments:
4.E.2.a. Minimum Standards For All Special Duty Assignments
Members must possess standard minimum qualifications for all Special Duty assignments. Additional requirements which may apply are included elsewhere in this chapter under the appropriate heading for the specific type of assignment. Commands will ensure the member, during the application process and also before executing his or her orders, meets the standard minimum qualifications. Commander (CGPC-epm) will review the Discriminator Identification and Tracking System (Chapter 8.O) to determine the candidate’s eligibility. If an applicant becomes ineligible anytime after applying for a Special Duty assignment, his or her command shall send a message to Commander (CGPC-epm).
The standard minimum qualifications are as follows:
1. Must consistently exhibit mature judgment, even temperament, tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
2. Have the abilities to correspond with and address the public pleasantly and confidently and to speak and write clearly.
3. No court-martial or felony convictions (federal, state or local) in the past six years.
4. No non-judicial punishment or misdemeanor convictions (federal, state or local) in the past four years.
5. No alcohol incident during the past four years.
6. No unsatisfactory conduct mark or characteristic factor average less than three during the past four years.
7. No individual factor average less than four during the last two years.
8. Must be eligible for the security clearance required for the assignment requested.
9. Have more than four years’ active duty in the Coast Guard.
10. Qualify to operate a motor vehicle, hold a valid state-operating license, and have no history of repeated traffic violations.
11. A history of demonstrated financial responsibility; no record of excessive indebtedness or indication of non-payment of just debts
12. Men must be clean-shaven; however, a neatly trimmed mustache is allowed. Those with approved waivers for folliculitis are not eligible for Special Duty assignments.
13. Have sharp military bearing and a smart appearance. Must comply with weight standards contained in Weight/Physical Fitness Standards for Coast Guard Military Personnel, COMDTINST M1020.8(series). Must not have been on probation for exceeding maximum allowable weight or body fat standards anytime in the past two years.
14. Must obligate service for a full tour in position assigned.
15. Must serve at least 2 years in position commencing on the reporting date prior to voluntary retirement.<!-- Edit -->
Last Edited : 12/8/2007 5:22:36 AM GMT