Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Weight Requirement Question
Last Post 14 Sep 2016 06:54 PM by AirDale13. 12 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
SKBetts

--
23 Mar 2016 05:39 PM
    I'm looking into joining Coast Guard and had questions about the weight requirements. I'm 20yr old, 69" tall and weigh about 203 lb. My recruiter told me I need to weigh 186 lbs to join, but the only chart I can find online for CG says for my height and frame size (7.25" wrist) I need to be 193-197 lbs. Does the CG go by frame size or is that chart out of date? I don't want to waste a recruiters time because of something I found online.  Any help or clarification is appreciated.
    Trusted Member
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AirDale13

--
    23 Mar 2016 05:56 PM
    What you found online is out of date. Your recruiter is on it.
    SKBetts

--
    23 Mar 2016 06:11 PM
    Does the CG still go by frame size though, or is it age now?
    Trusted Member / Recruiter
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    thestormiscoming

--
    23 Mar 2016 07:44 PM
    You have to either meet the height and weight standard or BMI standard for your age group and sex.
    HammerheaD

--
    24 Mar 2016 09:23 AM
    It's not by frame size or age. It goes by your height. I am 6 foot even so my max is 202. if you are 5'11" its 197. Each inch adds APPROXIMATELY 5 or 6 lbs. If you are a naturally heavy or muscular person, and are over your weight limit, they will use a tape measure on your waist to get a rough estimate of your BMI. Personally, it seems easiest to try to stay under your max and not have to worry about it. After bootcamp, if you are over your weight limit AND over the "tape-in" limit, you will be put on a remedial exercise routine. I believe you are only allowed to be put on that routine 3 times in one enlistment period.
    HammerheaD

--
    24 Mar 2016 09:58 AM
    Here is a link to the "Coast Guard Weight and Body Fat Standards Manual." It is incredibly thorough. There's a table on page 47 that lists the minimum and maximum weight allowances for each height. (From 58 to 80 inches) Hope this helps: http://www.uscg.mil/directives/cim/...020_8H.pdf
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    thestormiscoming

--
    24 Mar 2016 02:37 PM
    Posted By HammerheaD on 24 Mar 2016 09:23 AM
      tape measurer

It must be a tension tape too, not just a run-of-the-mill tailor tape.
    cdeperna

--
    10 Apr 2016 08:56 PM
    I was told as long as your calculated BMI isn't over 27.5
    zack22

--
    26 Apr 2016 05:33 PM
    I was in the same boat as you before I went through MEPS. 69" tall and 207 lbs. I worked my arse off and got down to 186. Luckily at MEPS I stood as tall as I could and measured 70", which is 189 lbs max so I had some to spare!
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    thestormiscoming

--
    26 Apr 2016 05:53 PM
    Posted By cdeperna on 10 Apr 2016 08:56 PM
    I was told as long as your calculated BMI isn't over 27.5

Some females, yes.  Even the oldest male age group can't exceed 26%.
    Ca.Guy

--
    28 Apr 2016 09:32 PM
    Boot seems like a distant memory... FYI I am 69" and going into boot I was 175. rewind 6 months from the start of boot and I was 190. They measured me 68" at boot... yikes. If I was just trying to maintain the 69" weight it would not have been good. Your recruiter is your guide. Walk in serious and with your ducks in a row and they will help you like nobody's business.
    Charlie89W

--
    14 Sep 2016 05:42 PM
    Does anyone know if will they use tension tape at the first weigh in during boot camp?
    Trusted Member
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AirDale13

--
    14 Sep 2016 06:54 PM
    The policy is if you need to be taped they will tape you. However, if you have a good recruiter they won't let you be in that situation.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement