Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Coast Guard Anthem
Last Post 05 Apr 2016 08:12 AM by Old Guard2. 12 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
Topic is locked
Author Messages
jvj1911

--
02 Apr 2016 07:48 PM
    I attend a number of programs where the Armed Forces Medley is played. Customarily, when the medley is played, current and former members of the respective branches stand when their anthem is played. Do Auxiliary members stand when the Coast Guard anthem is played?
    James V. Jackson U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary District 9CR Division 18 SO-OP Flotilla 18-05 FSO-SR/FSO-PB
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    m1ashooter

--
    03 Apr 2016 12:23 AM
    They should in my opinion.
    jvj1911

--
    03 Apr 2016 07:20 PM
    Thanks for your responses. I wonder if that is an official protocol or just customary. I figured that some would say that since Aux members wear the uniform and in many cases support and augment active duty and reserve members on missions and are considered part of Team Coast Guard that they should honor the anthem as well. Would the general public think its odd if Aux members in uniform didn't stand when the song is played? But to be honest, I don't know what the right answer is. I'd never want to disrespect or insult the Coast Guard or any member of the Coast Guard. That's why I'm posing the question. Again, I appreciate your responses.
    James V. Jackson U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary District 9CR Division 18 SO-OP Flotilla 18-05 FSO-SR/FSO-PB
    MHC5096

--
    03 Apr 2016 07:28 PM
    Yes, you should stand when Semper Paratus is played. Pay no mind to Boat Driver the two post wonder.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    03 Apr 2016 07:58 PM
    I'm just a Coast Guard mom and I stand in support of the CG. I also sing the words! I know them, most don't even know what song it is. So when it is played, I proudly represent!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    m1ashooter

--
    03 Apr 2016 09:09 PM
    We all stood at graduation two weeks ago.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    04 Apr 2016 05:48 AM
    With the exception of the National Anthem which all should stand at all times, you stand for what you feel is appropriate. I was at a Trace Adkins concert a few years ago. He asked for anyone with a loved one burried in Arlington to stand. I did. Jim's first LT at the MSO in Kodiak has passed and that's where he is buried. I adored Mr. Bromley and he was family as far as I'm concerned. I stood out of respect while he sang his song Arlington. I cried the whole song, too. For me, it was appropriate.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Boat Driver

--
    04 Apr 2016 03:48 PM
    Deleted due to harassment.

jvj1911

--
    04 Apr 2016 04:42 PM
    Thanks for the additional responses. It seems that the answer lies in how you interpret your relationship to the Semper Paratus and therefore the Coast Guard. I'm new to the Auxiliary, but in the short time I've been in I've had the chance to meet a number of members on both the Silver and Gold sides. I've had the chance to train at the local Coast Guard station. The amount of help, encouragement and support I've gotten for both Silver and Gold side members tells me that I'm part of a team and a family. With all of that said, I feel as connected as any other member to the commitment of Semper Paratus and to the men and women that uphold its meaning everyday. Therefore, I'm proud to wear the uniform and to stand with them when it is played.
    Boat Driver

--
    04 Apr 2016 06:02 PM

Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    05 Apr 2016 12:59 AM
    Boat driver, I'm sorry but you are incorrect. JVJ, you go right ahead and stand, stand proud that you are a member, maybe not paid or formerly pairs, but a proud member of a small family serving in a capacity that you are able to serve. Every family has the cynical uncle at the thanksgiving table... Apparently that's boats over there.

Boat driver, stop harassing the auxiliary members. You volunteered for service and get paid. They volunteer and should get some better respect for showing up and not getting paid. They do it out of caring. Maybe you should try a little more of that in your life. If this continues, I'll lock down the thread.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Boat Driver

--
    05 Apr 2016 06:19 AM

Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    05 Apr 2016 08:12 AM
    To all of our Auxiliary members... I'm deeply sorry. This thread ends now. Boat Driver, you've forgotten the core values of the CG apparently. I am done with your disrespecting members of the CG, be they Aux or AD.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Topic is locked

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement