Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Recruit Band
Last Post 30 Apr 2016 12:03 PM by danj25. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
FourOfAKind

--
19 Apr 2016 02:50 PM
    I told my recruiter that I had been involved in band all throughout high school and college and he told me about the ceremonial recruit band in Cape May. I've seen some pictures of the band at a few graduations and I think it is definitely something I would like to volunteer or audition for (which ever is the proper process). I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight as to how much time away from your company you spend and what your company could be doing while you rehearse or perform. Thanks!
    Trusted Member
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AirDale13

--
    19 Apr 2016 02:57 PM
    My brother played the trumpet and he said the time away was nice. He also played taps every night. Its nice to change it up at boot camp. I did the mail and my little walks all by myself to the mail room and back were interestingly amazing.
    danj25

--
    19 Apr 2016 04:20 PM
    its usually an hour a night, plus graduation it self. not on weekends. yes your away from your company, miss out on some sweat sessions, but you arent able to march in with your company on your own grad, which was a bummer. theres a questionaire thet give you when you get there, if you put down that you play an instrument then you will be in band.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    m1ashooter

--
    19 Apr 2016 04:54 PM
    Go for it. My son was on the drill team and he enjoyed the time away. I will tell you the band is great to hear.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Auxnoob

--
    20 Apr 2016 06:38 AM
    My son played in the recruit band as well. It sounded great.
    Bigfoot1120

--
    20 Apr 2016 08:17 PM
    I recommend you do anything you can to get away from your company. I did a work detail from 1800 to 1930. It was the best hour and a half of the day.
    SchoonerBum

--
    23 Apr 2016 06:19 PM
    Recruit Band: your first day or two you full out an information sheet. The bottom right is where the band stuff is located. Bone up on music reading, and practice a bit before shipping out. You will probably have Bandmaster Burke if you ship in the near future.
    During winter months practice is from 1830 to around 2000. Summer:0530- around 0700. Graduation on Friday is from 0930 to around 1300 (including chow).
    FourOfAKind

--
    25 Apr 2016 06:20 PM
    Thanks for all the responses. I'm shipping three weeks from tomorrow so it looks like I will have him. It definitely seems that things like band and drill team are a nice "break" from the day's training.

danj25 - do you really not march with your company at your graduation? That sounds like a huge bummer.
    SchoonerBum

--
    29 Apr 2016 08:46 PM
    Four,
    It depends on the size of your company, and what Petty Officer Burke wants to do. I was Q-192 and the band only played Semper Paratus because the band was small and was not good enough. But you will have an outdoor graduation more than likely, so I have no insight.
    danj25

--
    30 Apr 2016 12:03 PM
    four of a kind- correct i wasnt able too, it does depend on how many companies are at cape may. if there is enough people in the band, you may be able too, all depends on what PO Burke wants, but wait till week 8, when most of the CC's become nice. it is a nice break, but you still have to keep your military bearing and common sense about you. just because PO Burke is the bandmaster, he still is a CC and has companies. there are also non-rates that help teach band, you have to show respect to them as well.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement