Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Lets Talk Presidents.
Last Post 28 Mar 2017 06:57 AM by Gears. 10 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
AG305

--
19 Apr 2016 09:02 PM
    as you all know, were gonna be electing a new commander in chief this year and things have been getting pretty heated between the candidates as we get closer to election day.

so my question is, as a member of the armed forces which of the candidates do you like best and which do you see yourself or would like to see yourself serving under and why?
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    20 Apr 2016 09:54 AM
    I'll leave this be... for now. If it gets too heated or out of control, I will delete the thread. I will also delete accounts for anyone that starts that bullshit of "If you are voting for _______ you are stupid." Everyone is allowed to pick their candidate, their party, their choice and opinions will be respected. Demeaning and demoralizing answers will get you shown the door. You've been warned... carry on.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    20 Apr 2016 09:56 AM
    As for my choices, it is personal. It can create tensions among friends and I'll just opt to keep my choice to me.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member / Administrator
    chukles

--
    20 Apr 2016 12:12 PM
    As a member (now retired) of the armed forces, I do not, nor should I state my pick. As a personal opinion, not related to the armed forces, I can freely state.. but I wont because my mind is not made up!
    I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    m1ashooter

--
    20 Apr 2016 07:42 PM
    I've always believed that active duty members should be non political. We serve the people and defend the constitution as its written. Now that I'm not on active duty any longer I will say that I voted for the same man that I helped get elected to the Senate for the great state of Texas.
    Saccadon

--
    09 Mar 2017 06:01 PM
    Thread's pretty much useless now lol
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    10 Mar 2017 09:04 AM
    President's can still be discussed. I liked Taft. He was a big man and that's good enough for me. (I really don't know why I said Taft, I was looking for something more obscure. LOL)

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    m1ashooter

--
    10 Mar 2017 11:08 AM
    I'm kinda fond of Teddy Roosevelt myself. Bully everything is just Bully.
    Saccadon

--
    10 Mar 2017 01:09 PM
    Teddy Roosevelt and Andrew Jackson are my favorites. I wish Alexander Hamilton had lived long enough to become President after Jefferson.

I've been reading a biography on him, he seemed to be a much better man than the modern world gives him credit for.
    bmew1995

--
    23 Mar 2017 10:50 AM
    I had a heated discussion with one of my college professors a couple of years ago about number 16. Mind you he looked and sounded like Curly from The Three Stooges, and he told me, "Abraham Lincoln was a tyrant." It shocks me to this day, and he wasn't just saying it...he actually believed that Lincoln was a tyrant to be compared with the likes of Hitler, Mussolini, and Stalin.

Anyway, favorite president would have to be Lincoln for his cunning intellect and strategic planning which held our great Union together in a time of turmoil.
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    28 Mar 2017 06:57 AM
    Lincoln definitely had some claims to fame. Dying for his cause certainly elevated him to legendary status. However, if you've never read about the Dakota Wars that were going on during the Civil War they shed an interesting light on Lincoln and his involvement in making the country whole. He was more concerned with North and South than with East and West.

Andrew Jackson was a political and physical powerhouse. He was a major player in making America a superpower and was the only president to balance the national budget.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement