Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Meeting with recruiter about Reserves depot
Last Post 27 Jun 2016 05:31 AM by Jmax2626. 8 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Jmax2626

--
22 Apr 2016 08:44 AM
    I'm meeting with my recruiter this week any suggestions about how I need to be dressed, this is basically a job interview correct? Also any suggestions on any specifics that I should ask him. 

Next, does anyone know the average time frame for the process I know it varies, but any kind of rough estimate. I have already taken my my asvab and am right at the weight requirement and the two jobs that I have discussed with the recruiter do not require security clearance at least to my knowledge they don't. That being said I do have to have my medical records reviewed. I had a minor surgery 12 years ago and it took a while but I was able to run down the documents. The main reason I ask is I'm am about to end my spring semester and at that point I only need three class to graduate with my BA. So I have signed up for the three I need in the summer and in the fall so that I'm covered either way but I don't want to start the summer class and then the recruiter say ok your going in June. The summer semester ends aug5. Also I should say that I'm trying for the depot program and I have read that they only have specific dates and obviously I would need to be ready to go if asked to. 

Lastly I read that there's some depot dates for this summer does anyone know if there are anymore for this year other than that and if so what are they. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    22 Apr 2016 01:42 PM
    A couple of things... Business casual would be appropriate for the interview (collared shirt and slacks), and as far as your weight goes, you'll need to be 5 pounds under before you ship. Also, everyone enlisting now has to Secret clearance eligible, so if there's anything in your background that is problematic, you need to address that now. As for DEPOT dates, one of our recruiters here should be able to provide those
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    Jmax2626

--
    22 Apr 2016 03:03 PM
    Ok thanks no issues with the security that I can imagine, no arrest or anything just a speeding tickets over 10 years ago. I just meant i thought it may go faster by the job saying it did not require a clearance. That being said I am 38 so I wonder how long the security check will take?
    Trusted Member
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AirDale13

--
    22 Apr 2016 05:27 PM
    The last DEPOT class for this fiscal year is AUGUST. There should be another in OCTOBER but that hasn't been scheduled yet. The national security check will add a minimum of 60 days to the process. Everyone is processed for this and is built into our process. Time frame for DEPOT is highly dependent upon the class you can be scheduled into; however, normal processing is about 4-5 months. You should just start the process, finish up your schooling and take the next DEPOT class that comes up which I think will be in October. Good luck. Hopefully it goes that smoothly.
    Jmax2626

--
    22 Apr 2016 09:19 PM
    Thank you for your help
    Ca.Guy

--
    28 Apr 2016 09:54 PM
    I was in my late thirties... I walked in, in a shirt and tie with slacks. I had all my paperwork ready to go. (ie. resume, copies of transcripts, Drivers license, ect.) just in case. First impressions are everything. My recruiter worked hard for me as I had a work comp issue from FD. Had to have a MEPS review of real x-rays. (Hard copies of actual x-ray...no digital copy) Remember... DEPOT is full of professionals that can offer the Coast Guard many things. My DEPOT class was filled with serious top professionals that I would trust my life with. We had two at age 40, and a handful of us late thirties. Be serious and get the job done!
    Jmax2626

--
    29 Apr 2016 05:03 AM
    Thanks for the advice I appreciate it
    dan1065cf

--
    25 Jun 2016 09:09 PM
    Ca Guy...

Would you mind messaging me about DEPOT.  I am in my late 30's as well and would like some legit 1st hand experience and info about the program.

Jmax2626

--
    27 Jun 2016 05:31 AM
    Well I'm not in yet but the recruiter told me that due to my age I would be a candidate for depot. Also you don't have to have prior service but you do have to have a degree, aa at least. It is also only 21 days other than that I guess message me if you have other questions.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement