Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Rack Inspection
Last Post 01 May 2016 04:00 PM by SchoonerBum. 14 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Newcoastie9012

--
23 Apr 2016 04:34 PM
    What it does the rack inspection comprise of exactly? What is a rack? Is it a closet? I'm just trying to get an idea of what I need to expect to do before going to boot camp in a couple days. Thanks in advance.
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    23 Apr 2016 04:54 PM
    A rack is your bunk. You'll be shown how to make it up, and woe be to you if it's not made that way every day
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    ojrivera

--
    23 Apr 2016 06:05 PM
    Or if your lock isn't on zero. But.....we won't spoil all the surprises.
    Bigfoot1120

--
    23 Apr 2016 07:04 PM
    No one shows you how to make it, you will refer to your recruit rules and regulations booklet.
    PuddlePirate92

--
    25 Apr 2016 02:02 PM
    A senior class will show you how to make it one time after that you are on your own. If they were anything like the guys that showed me mine, you will probably not be shown the correct way and will have to rely on a picture.
    Bigfoot1120

--
    25 Apr 2016 03:05 PM
    Posted By PuddlePirate92 on 25 Apr 2016 03:02 PM
    A senior class will show you how to make it one time after that you are on your own. If they were anything like the guys that showed me mine, you will probably not be shown the correct way and will have to rely on a picture.

Your company was shown how to make the inside of your rack?
    PuddlePirate92

--
    26 Apr 2016 05:42 PM
    Yes, by a senior company they gave them like 10 minutes to show us, after that we had to rely on the picture on the wall and our regs guide
    Bigfoot1120

--
    26 Apr 2016 06:17 PM
    Lucky you, our company commanders said any questions about your rack refer to your rules and regulations booklet.
    PuddlePirate92

--
    27 Apr 2016 03:17 PM
    haha it wasn't any more of help, if anything we did it the wrong way
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Ljcalimano

--
    28 Apr 2016 10:50 AM
    Our company was shown by a senior class. They explained it in 5 minutes. We were grateful, but honestly it didn't gel at all. I referred to the book and looked at the pictures. If you guys work as a team, it'll be much better for you. Some ironed really good, others knew their stuff about racks, and some were experts boot shiners. Just help each other out and you'll be fine.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    TheLonelyOS

--
    28 Apr 2016 04:27 PM
    Chewy bars are a great currency for polishing boots
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor
    Bigfoot1120

--
    28 Apr 2016 04:31 PM
    Are you admitting that you've hoarded chewy bars? Not good sailor, not good.
    Ca.Guy

--
    28 Apr 2016 08:42 PM
    make sure you don't have a Cheetos wrapper wallet.... in your rack. ("How did a bag of Cheetos make it into your RACK!!!!!" reply: "Petty Officer _____. Seaman Recruit _____That is my wallet" That was one of the funniest moments in my cape may vacation ... A minute later I was almost called out for "giggling like a school boy" memories.... love em.

On a serious note we had the senior company come in and show us also.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    TheLonelyOS

--
    01 May 2016 07:23 AM
    Not persay big foot I merely observed it!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor
    SchoonerBum

--
    01 May 2016 04:00 PM
    The Ruler is your Friend.

Also, if you get your rack clean at first, then keep it that way, you will be fine. I was able to fold all my laundry in about 13 minutes (sock rolls suck as they take time) total if I focused and didn't make a head call)
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement