Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Prior AF to active CG
Last Post 07 May 2016 05:52 AM by Miff85. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Miff85

--
06 May 2016 10:41 AM
    Hi there. New to the forum and have a few questions. I've sent an email to a local recruiter and am just waiting for a reply. So I have 7 years between active AF and AGR in the ANG. RE codes 1J and 6B. Ive been out for almost 4 years now and am interested in joining AD CG. 

I have a couple issues. I'll need a dependant waiver because I have a wife and 3 kids. I'm looking to try and join at the beginning of FY 17. What would your guesses be for a waiver approval?  Second issue, when I got out 4 years ago I had money problems combined with bad decisions on my part. As a result I had a reposession, short sale, and a few accounts in collections. From what I have read I will need to pay everything off that is in collections, correct? But what about the repo and short sale?  

The person I was 4 years ago and the person I am today is totally different. Ive learned from my mistakes and am working on rebuilding things. I'm needing to know if the CG is able to work with my situation. 
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    06 May 2016 02:49 PM
    I believe the 7 years in service might be a problem. I'm not sure, one of our resident recruiters will absolutely help with that. As far as dependent waivers... it might be ok if you had 2 children but 3, making 4 dependents, wow! I don't believe you would even be considered for active. If you have to come in as an E3, you'll never manage. Call a recruiter and ask but please be prepared to hear no.

Anything still listed as open and in collections will need to be satisfied in full. The repo and short sale are not going to help in any way at all. That's a lot of life experience, your age could be a factor as well.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Miff85

--
    06 May 2016 03:36 PM
    Hey thanks for the reply. So I had 2 active in the AF and 3 active in the guard. The other 2 was inactive so really that only puts me at 5 years of active time, which I believe really helps in my favor. Yea, the dependants is a tough one that I'm not sure I'll get a waiver for and I can't blame them, that's a lot of people. Coming back as an E3 is mamagible though as we dont have any debt. (Besides the few things in collection still that will be paid off.) So managing an E3 w dependant pay would be totally doable. Oh, and I'm 30 years old so I think we're good there too. But combining the dependants issue with the past credit issues I sure do think it's going to be tough. I sent the email to the recruiter yestersday so I'll wait until middle of next week to followup if I dont hear anything. Thanks again and this is an outstanding forum. I've learned so much on here the past few days.
    Trusted Member
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AirDale13

--
    06 May 2016 03:52 PM
    The credit issues can be managed by either paying them off or being on a repayment plan. I don't see a dependent waiver being approved with 4 dependents. We need people right now so I can see a scenario where you sign up for a critical rating with a guaranteed A School and that being utilized as leverage for the waiver. Your debt to income ration needs to be low and all your credit issues resolved. Depending on what you got on the ASVAB and if you were fully medically qualified and if you required no other waivers, I would entertain trying that.
    Miff85

--
    07 May 2016 05:52 AM
    Thanks for the advice. I can have the credit issues resolved and debt to income will not be a problem. I have no medical issues and ASVAB should be high. I had 70s and 80s the first time I took it right out of high school but I'll be studying for it this time around. 😀  As far as signing for a critical job, I'll do whatever it takes.  What kind of outlook do you see for prior service for the new fiscal year? It will take me a few months to get everything lined up so I'm shooting for October-ish to be ready. Thanks again.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement