Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
So E4 EPME test doesn't matter any more??
Last Post 30 May 2016 12:50 PM by Loronus. 10 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
stealthtt24

--
17 May 2016 04:10 PM
    Hey guys, so they put out the new A school list for this month. I noticed they removed all the INC holds and no one has it anymore... I didn't have the hold as I took the EPME test before they removed it. So I assume it doesn't matter now anymore that I took it? 
    Trusted Member
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AirDale13

--
    17 May 2016 07:35 PM
    Of course it matters. You learned from it didn't you?
    PVT Pablo

--
    19 May 2016 03:49 AM
    It has been waived as a requirement to take the most recent SWE and the next one pending investigation.
    Trusted Member
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AirDale13

--
    19 May 2016 08:00 AM
    Posted By PVT Pablo on 19 May 2016 04:49 AM
    It has been waived as a requirement to take the most recent SWE and the next one pending investigation.

Yes it has but again; it doesn't mean if you took it that it doesn't matter.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    19 May 2016 11:12 AM
    I agree with Airdale... it might not be required right now but if you learned something it should not be considered a waste. It was just an exercise to become more knowledgeable and for you for achieving that.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    19 May 2016 12:13 PM
    To follow along with OG2 and Airdale, just because you didn't need the knowledge for an exam doesn't mean you don't need it in your career.
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    PVT Pablo

--
    21 May 2016 05:28 PM
    Posted By AirDale13 on 19 May 2016 09:00 AM

I gave a factual answer, you gave an opinion, not sure why you quoted me to disagree.

He asked if it matters if he took the test. There is no difference if he took the test or did not. It is not a requirement right now so time would be better spent studying for the SWE. 

Trusted Member
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AirDale13

--
    21 May 2016 06:18 PM
    Posted By PVT Pablo on 21 May 2016 06:28 PM
    Posted By AirDale13 on 19 May 2016 09:00 AM

I gave a factual answer, you gave an opinion, not sure why you quoted me to disagree.

He asked if it matters if he took the test. There is no difference if he took the test or did not. It is not a requirement right now so time would be better spent studying for the SWE. 

I didn't disagree with you, I was reiterating the point that was made; taking the EPME test is not a waste of time. Call it opinion if you like because I know that "technically" you can't call what I said a fact, although it is factual information. I guess I do disagree with you now. Yes the EPME has been waived; but that does not mean if someone took it they wasted their time. The OP phrased his question as just because it isn't a requirement right now that he wasted his time; which he didn't. It's good that he took it. Also the SWE has EPME type questions, so guess what; when you study for the SWE you will be studying EPME stuff as well. So if anyone would say that they wasted their time or would waste their time either having taken the test or in studying EPME knowledge just because the EPME test is waived; is wrong. They didn't waste their time. And the difference would show in their overall job/USCG knowledge and in the few points you could potentially beat someone out on on the SWE. Does it matter as a requirement to take the SWE, no. Does it matter in general, yes it does. Our answers are to show the OP and others that there is value in having taken the test even when others do not need to or won't. 

Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    22 May 2016 02:28 PM
    It is not a requirement right now so time would be better spent studying for the SWE. 

+1 Airdale

The SWE has EPME questions. Those are the ones that can determine whether or not you advance especially if the rest of the rest is brutal.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    stealthtt24

--
    30 May 2016 12:29 PM
    I meant in the sense that it does allow me to be sent to A school before others. Paraphrasing from ALCOAST 353/15 B, section 1.

" The requirement for members to pass the E4 AQE before receiving orders to Class A-school is
    suspended. Members who passed the E4 AQE still awaiting orders to A-school are considered
    best qualified and will maintain or be given precedence over members on the waiting list
    who have not passed the test."

Was wondering why it changed for the May A school list as the April one still had all the INC holds.

Loronus

--
    30 May 2016 12:50 PM
    The E4 EPME test is going under a change in the testing system. I have heard it will be back sometime in November but those are rumors. I also know that it was required by everyone to at least gone over the E-4 EPME and had everything signed off before making E4 at my FS 'A' School class. Even though I wasn't making E-4 and would be a SNFS I learned a lot going over and doing it there. 

Those skills are crucial in being a good leader and furthering your career no matter if you want to be an Officer, Master Chief, Chief Warrant, Or 4 years then get out. Knowing what the Coast Guard Expects from you and what you should expect from yourself will only make you a better person which makes you a better Coastie.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement