Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
New Coastie Mom
Last Post 30 Sep 2016 10:15 AM by Old Guard2. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
recMOM

--
24 May 2016 01:08 PM
    My son is getting ready to ship out to boot camp July 12th. Where is a good place on this forum to chat with other Coastie Moms (and/or Dads)?
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    24 May 2016 02:43 PM
    You can chat in the Families section. Are you on Facebook? There are so many Facebook groups, including one for just Moms and one for your sons company. That one hasn't been created yet, they typically start those about a week or 2 prior to forming up. The Moms page, I'm a member, is extremely supportive, fun, helpful. I like to say here you will get very accurate, very direct answers. No sugar coating. On the Moms page you will get very accurate, very kid glove answers. We handle you like a mom getting ready to send your child to boot camp. The answers are the same, the delivery is slightly different. I wouldn't trade my friends and the information on this forum for all the tea in China. But I wouldn't trade the Moms group either.

Please feel free to ask questions here, there are many of us ready to help answer. But also join the Facebook group USCG Moms. Just message one of the administrators, let them know your child is headed to boot, you can say you are from the forum and I sent you that way. My name is Macie Robertson. It is a closed group, so you'll have to ask to join and then feel free to jump right in the mix of momma's. But anything we can answer here, we are ready.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    m1ashooter

--
    25 May 2016 06:25 AM
    Here is a link to Coast Guard Friends and Family

https://www.facebook.com/groups/USCGFandF/?fref=nf
    Andisoss

--
    28 May 2016 04:26 PM
    recMOM,

TRACEN (Training Center) Cape May also keeps an updated blog on recruit training. Google "Coast Guard TRACEN Cape May" to find it. 

You may or may not see your son on it. Also, be prepared to not hear from him after his "phone call home" for about 4 or 5 weeks. That is normal. 
    recMOM

--
    07 Jun 2016 01:26 PM
    Thank you so much! Yes I'm on FB and I will certainly ask to join up! I like the straight up no sugar coating answers, but I would like to join in on all the info I can get also. Thanks for the welcome and the info!
    recMOM

--
    07 Jun 2016 01:27 PM
    Fantastic! Thanks Everyone!
    Zman25

--
    30 Sep 2016 07:39 AM
    My son just graduated. The day he reports he will call you and read a message from a script. (I thought it was kind of spooky. Ha Ha) You then wil not hear from him until Week 5
    after he receives his orders and is allowed a 5 minute phone call to home. Week 6 they get on base liberty if they earn it and then can call you and talk all they want and the same on week 7 when they earn off base liberty for the day.
    You can follow along with the other parents as the mentors will set up a Facebook page for your company and their families. They do an OUTSTANDING job of keeping you informed an answering questions.
    It also gives you a chance to meet other families in your son's company so when you go to graduation you can meet some of them.
    And as the previous poster stated, there is a weekly company blog written by one or two of the recruits. They update it usually on Wednesdays but the first one doesn't come out until after week 2.
    Best of luck to your son!
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    30 Sep 2016 10:15 AM
    Zman, I know you are trying to help but this Coastie graduated the beginning of this month and already at their first assignment. Your post is very good but I would save it for current posts.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement