Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
"Wish List'
Last Post 19 Jun 2016 11:37 PM by Bkraf1998. 8 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
rcgardner

--
31 May 2016 12:21 AM
    Currently working with a recruiter to get a ship date for basic and have been talking to my wife about 'The LIST.'  She and I are both a bit lacking on knowledge just how this list is supposed to be answered. I have seen multiple answers saying that the district numbers are all that is allowed as an answer, but I've also been told that there are multiple ways of trying to "hint" at what your looking for.

I ask because I am really interested in the 03 Polar Icebreakers in Seattle but I also know District 13 has a TON of stations that I could be sent to as well. Same with District 14, Any WPB/WMEC/WHEC (which I've heard referred to as White Hull Cutters) would be a killer assignment for a year or so as a non-rate. It is a bit self-explanatory that the larger the ship, the larger the number of non-rates needed, but I also know that just about every station, sector, and cutter have non-rates.

TL;DR: How do you get creative on your wish lists to try and be as 'informative' as possible to the detailer without being considered an 'ass' or 'rule-breaker'?
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    31 May 2016 05:25 AM
    We call it a Dream Sheet. I don't know how it's done in boot camp now, your recruiter should be able to give you the details. There's a whole class in boot camp on how you're going to fill out dream sheets. Generally speaking, you'll choose 3 Districts. From what I've heard, and this may have changed there's a comments section where you can put down what's more important, the job or location, and your immediate career goals (i.e. travel the world, conduct LE missions, SAR, etc.). Some recent graduates may chime in or ask your recruiter, they can reach out for the most up-to-date info.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Loronus

--
    31 May 2016 08:42 PM
    Gears pretty much has it dead on. You choose 3 districts unless you are going straight to 'A' School. They ask if you prefer to be a Seaman or a Fireman. What is more important Location or Job. What rate you are thinking of going and your career goals. If you have special needs. Any additional comments. You can mention it all in there. But the needs of the service come first. You can be as informative and detailed as you want. In my company they approached the females about an opening working on the Eagle. Ended up with only one wanting it so she got it. Two people really wanted to go AST so they were approached at staying at Cape May and working with the Gym Staff who were ASTs in getting them ready. Then we had a person somehow get his orders changed to go straight to 'A' School. Do I suggest trying to snake your way around...No, just be as detailed as you can be and hopefully the recruiter assigns you to something you want.
    rcgardner

--
    31 May 2016 10:05 PM
    Awesome to hear, Also posted on /r/uscg and got a similar answer!

So glad to hear we get the opportunity to be fairly specific, even if it doesn't mean its a guarantee
    Apd

--
    05 Jun 2016 06:55 PM
    If you're reserve do you still take the class on dream sheets at boot camp?
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    05 Jun 2016 08:29 PM
    If you are a reservist, you already have your station that you'll be assigned to. I don't see the need for it.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Apd

--
    06 Jun 2016 05:15 PM
    Posted By Old Guard2 on 05 Jun 2016 09:29 PM
    If you are a reservist, you already have your station that you'll be assigned to. I don't see the need for it.

That's what I figured. I didn't know if they split the company up based on active duty/reserve with regards to classes that may or may not apply. Thank you.
    Loronus

--
    07 Jun 2016 08:22 PM
    They do ask if any Reservists are in the Class when they do it. Depending on the Company Commander you may get Admin time or just have to sit and study.
    Bkraf1998

--
    19 Jun 2016 11:37 PM
    What if you're interested in picking an aviation rate? Would that also go on the dream sheet?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement