Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
When does the 60 day security check happen
Last Post 09 Jul 2016 01:49 PM by Jmax2626. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Jmax2626

--
25 Jun 2016 02:46 PM
    So I finally was cleared through medical at meps. Now I am told that they do a police check and a credit check. Any idea as to how long this takes? Also when does the 60 day security check start? They went ahead and finger printed me at meps also but they referenced some form that you have to put down previous addresses that I am assuming is the start of the 60 day check? But I haven't been given that form to fill out yet. Is the 60 days just idle time or will they actually be scheduling me for boot camp and a job or what? I am obviously confused as to the time frame and process from here. So if anyone can clear up the remainder of the process for me I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance for your replies.
    Trusted Member
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AirDale13

--
    25 Jun 2016 06:22 PM
    The form is the SF-86 AKA: E-QIP. Your recruiter will set this up for you and you will complete it online. After it is completed your recruiter will review it for completeness. Your boot camp date can then be requested. Once your recruiter gets the date from the reservations department, you will need to DEP in at least 60 days before you ship out (your reserved date). Your E-QIP will be sent to the security center on your DEP date or at least 60 days before you ship out. The investigation will start when the E-QIP is sent to the security center. This entire process is handled different by every recruiter in terms of timing. Just sit tight and they will get you there.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    m1ashooter

--
    26 Jun 2016 12:22 AM
    Make sure you make a copy of your SF 86 in case it has to be redone.
    Jmax2626

--
    27 Jun 2016 09:46 AM
    Ok will do thanks
    tumonsands

--
    07 Jul 2016 08:40 PM
    I'm also getting my e-QIP done. My recruiter also told me I'll need to do a physical fitness assessment. Does everyone have to do the same?

I'm currently in the Army and passed my PT test last month but I haven't been keeping up since. So I'm a little worried
    Jmax2626

--
    08 Jul 2016 11:43 AM
    Idk my recruiter has not said anything to me about a physical assessment. Are you doing depot? And if so have you been given a ship date yet?
    tumonsands

--
    08 Jul 2016 09:49 PM
    Yes October 30th.
    Jmax2626

--
    08 Jul 2016 10:06 PM
    Just out of curiosity when were you given your date? I am waiting to hear back from my recruiter because he said the October date was not released yet and I can't move ahead until the dates are released so he can make my reservation. But if you already have yours for sure then I need to call him on Monday. At that point it would be two weeks since I have heard from him anyway.
    tumonsands

--
    09 Jul 2016 12:06 PM
    My recruiter gave me the date 2 weeks ago. I'm not reserved yet for Depot since it's contingent on me getting a second condtional release and getting my security clearance done.
    Jmax2626

--
    09 Jul 2016 01:49 PM
    Ok thanks
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement