Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
I Need Emotional Support
Last Post 04 Jul 2016 10:13 AM by Saluki5555. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
stronger1997

--
29 Jun 2016 02:21 PM
    My boyfriend started boot camp today for 8 weeks. He promised to call this morning before getting on the shuttle bus but he never did, I'm not blaming him or bashing him, but I set my alarm and he promised me he would call before leaving to say one last goodbye.  I can only imagine what he's going through right now, with his first full day of boot camp and not being able to call me or get in contact with me.  I'm really worried and upset and nervous and anxious and feeling all sorts of other emotions right now, and I need some support from other Coast Guard girlfriends/spouses or anyone who has a loved one in the Coast Guard to help me during these next 8 weeks. Please? Thank you so much. Stay Strong. 
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    29 Jun 2016 07:29 PM
    They have no access to phones on Wednesday. They fly in on Tuesday. That's the last possibility to call. There could be a call later in the week but there are no guarantees he'll call you. He could call his family. The next call is week 5 with orders. After that, week 6 with on base liberty (if earned). Then week 7 for off base liberty (if earned).

Yes, the emotions are a little intense. I get it. I put a husband and a son through boot camp. Just remember when you start writing letters, don't be quite the emotional. He is all alone, trying to learn, trying to make friends, trying to adjust. You have all of your family and friends. They won't understand but your routine isn't totally thrown for a loop.

You can do this. The days will drag by but the weeks will fly! Find something to occupy your time. When you write it is ok to say I love you, I miss you. But don't beleaguer the point. That will only make it that much harder I him. Join the Facebook group for his company. They often post pictures. Maybe you'll get to see him.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    m1ashooter

--
    30 Jun 2016 08:03 AM
    A military relationship can be very tough and it takes special people to make them work. I think the ones that work out best are the ones where the non military member is a independent person, who is confident in their abilities and self. They must cope with their loved one working long shift,s missing holidays and other family events and being gone for weeks or sometimes a year at a time.

My son graduated Boot camp in March. For those eight weeks I was on pins and needles wondering how he was and if he was ok. I'm a USAF veteran who knew what to expect and I'll tell you even I was emotional so its ok to have your feelings, just don't let them over take you.

Don't be afraid to ask questions.  Some of here have been in very long relationships and have been apart from our loved ones many many times. 

Here is the Cape May site. Read the company blogs. It will give you an idea what he is doing.

http://www.uscg.mil/hq/capemay/Trai...edOnes.asp

Facebook USCG Friends and Family Site.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/USCGFandF/

Company face Book Page

The admins do a great job. If this isn't his company they will get you enrolled to the correct one.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/513489122169615/

Remember its only eight weeks then you have to face the reality of his next assignment.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    m1ashooter

--
    30 Jun 2016 08:14 AM
    I also want to echo what Old Guard said. Now is the time to be very supportive of your boyfriend in the letters you write him, even if its just a post card with a note saying I love you and I'm proud of you. Its very easy for a recruit to doubt themselves and want to quit. One company Bravo 193 has lost 15 members already and they just completed week 2. So if you haven't written him yet please do it now. Your love and support for him can make all the difference in his new world right now.
    Saluki5555

--
    04 Jul 2016 10:13 AM
    My son ships out 9-13-16 and my wife and I are already getting anxious! I am also a USAF veteran and I appreciate all the great advice being given! We are so proud of our son for being a 4th generation veteran! We will keep checking the forum for future helpful information, thank you!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement