Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Coast Guard Academy Girlfriend
Last Post 05 Jul 2016 11:00 AM by Auxnoob. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Gracie1102

--
02 Jul 2016 06:35 PM
    hey! My boyfriend has decided to go into the coast guard academy and I have no knowledge of how that works, I had a few questions and hoped maybe someone could help me out! Thank you so much! 
    1) can they visit while in the academy/ can I visit him?
    2) can they have any communication? 
    3) when will he be able to come home (holidays, etc.) ?
    4) after he graduates, will he be sent somewhere to begin his CG duty?

I hope someone can help, I appreciate anything! 
    Thank you so much! 

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    m1ashooter

--
    02 Jul 2016 08:23 PM
    Has he been accepted to the Academy?
    Gracie1102

--
    02 Jul 2016 08:37 PM
    Not yet! He is in the process I believe.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    m1ashooter

--
    03 Jul 2016 09:17 AM
    I can't help much. A officer will be sent to where ever he or she is needed when they graduate.

http://www.cga.edu/cadet.aspx?id=169
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Auxnoob

--
    05 Jul 2016 11:00 AM
    Hi Gracie,

I can answer some of your questions, but I want to make sure that we are talking about the same thing. If your boyfriend is applying to the Coast Guard Academy (m1ashooter has given you a good link) for a four year college degree, then my answers will be useful. If you actually meant the Coast Guard Training Center, and your boyfriend is going through a recruiter, then the answers will be different.
    1) People can visit the Academy, but free time for the cadets is very limited during the week. Depending on what year they are at the Academy, they have different amounts of liberty time on the weekends.
    2) They will not have any communication except letters during Swab Summer (the 7 weeks prior to the start of their first fall academic semester). After that, they will have access to phones, texts and email. They will not have access to any, repeat any, social networks until late in the spring.
    3) He will have leave at Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years, and Spring Break, similar to any other college. He will also have about 3 weeks over each summer (sometimes it is less).
    4) Generally new officers are sent to sea duty, where they are at sea about half the time. How long each underway is varies by cutter (ship) size. When the cutter is in port, officers have a lot of work to do keeping them busy. He could be sent anywhere the Coast Guard serves.

Remember also, applying to the Coast Guard Academy is one thing. But it is very difficult to get accepted.

Good luck! I will be very honest, four years at the Coast Guard Academy, followed by a required five years of service, is very hard on existing relationships.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement