Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Application Transferred
Last Post 20 Aug 2016 06:00 PM by AirDale13. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Tantalus

--
19 Aug 2016 12:29 PM
    Hello,

This is my first post on this site and I am excited to see some other topics within the forums, but first I have a question.

Recently I sent in an online application for the USCG. I waited several weeks for a reply and never got one. I called the Philadelphia office near me to ask about it and they told me that my application was sent into the Baltimore office. They recommended that I fill out a paper application and send it into them. I filled out the forms, mailed them and waited for three weeks for a call, as instructed.
     I never got a call... So I called them back and asked if my application had made it. They told me that it had but that the address I have listed was outside their area and that they had forwarded it to the Baltimore office. (the reason I sent it in to Philly is because even though my listed residence is in southern Delaware, I live and go to school near their office)
     They recommended that I call the Baltimore office. I did, and was told the application had not been received. The Baltimore office recommended that I send in an entirely new application to them. It has been a week since I spoke with the Baltimore office. I never sent in another application in the hopes that my original would make it. I am questioning my decision.

I am getting frustrated with this process and I don't know what I should do. Should I call now that it has been a week and see if my original ( paper ) application has made it? Should I call and ask the office about my original paperless application from a month hand a half ago? Or should I send in a new application? Should I wait? Should I give up and move on??

Above all else I want to maximize my chances of them taking me. I don't want to harass the recruiters and leave a bad taste in their mouths for me, but I also want to make sure I make it through the process. It is unnerving and a hassle to not know what to plan for in my future.  

Any advice is welcome, thanks.
    eastcoaster89

--
    19 Aug 2016 02:55 PM
    I'm also coming out of the Philadelphia office. I received a call from them within a week and a half. Not sure what gives for you, but best of luck !
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ebee

--
    19 Aug 2016 03:42 PM
    Why not submit an app with your school address so it doesn't get kicked back from the Philly office?
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    m1ashooter

--
    19 Aug 2016 11:20 PM
    Flexibility and patience is the key. Recruiters are very busy. For example my son started his quest in May of 2015 and went to boot camp, Jan of 2016. He started with one recruiter and then was passed off to another recruiter who then went TDY and then got handed back to the one he started with. You might try making an appointment and walking in face to face.
    Trusted Member
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AirDale13

--
    20 Aug 2016 06:00 PM
    They really shouldn't be giving you the run around for this. You can process through whichever office you want. You've waited VERY long and have TONS of patience. I would go to the office to get things started.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement