Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
A school request
Last Post 30 Aug 2016 08:21 PM by AirDale13. 10 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Rpjones0630

--
21 Aug 2016 11:41 AM
    I am prior service Navy now going into the Coast Guard. I have completed the whole MEPS process and now my recruiter has put in my A school request for ET A school. Now I know that ET is a critical rate. How long will it take to receive an approval for my A school? My recruiter hopes to get me into boot camp on September 13th. I already have a secret clearance. The recruiter told me 10 days approximately. He submitted the request on 9 August. When should i expect to hear an answer?
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    21 Aug 2016 02:11 PM
    I'm guessing he meant 10 business days, so that would put you at 8/23. If you hear nothing at that point, then reach out to him
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    Rpjones0630

--
    21 Aug 2016 02:38 PM
    alright thank you very much
    Trusted Member
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AirDale13

--
    24 Aug 2016 01:25 PM
    Recruiting Command has 21 days to process A-School requests. I have never heard of them going over 21 days.
    Rpjones0630

--
    28 Aug 2016 10:03 AM
    I still have not heard anything on my request and I am supposed to start boot camp between the 13th and 20th of September. Should i be worried about anything? my recruiter seems to think all should be ok because the admin guys just need to approve this. Any input?
    Trusted Member
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AirDale13

--
    28 Aug 2016 10:11 PM
    Ummm. I highly doubt your going to boot camp in September. Especially if you were going for DEPOT. Boot camp is scheduled AFTER you get your A-School date approved. Well, I digress, if you have an active secret clearance that the USCG has already granted reciprocity on then there is still a chance for regular boot camp. You really need to talk to your recruiter to get the game plan ironed out. You should not be this close to a proposed boot camp date and be clueless. The USCG schedules boot camp a minimum 60 days in advance. Prior service with active secret clearances have more flexibility with this but still, it doesn't seem right to me. Get your recruiter on the line, now!

EDIT: I just saw that you do have the clearance. So maybe a little ray of hope............
    Rpjones0630

--
    29 Aug 2016 08:05 AM
    Alright thank you. My recruiter said he contacted the people who do the a school reservations and that they are speeding up the process. I am supposed to be going into regular boot camp which kind of sucks because I have already been through the Navy boot camp. Also I was not allowed to keep E-4. I had to be dropped to E-3 for the CG. I appreciate the input and I really hope these admin guys get the ball rolling it is taking much longer than expected.
    Trusted Member
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AirDale13

--
    29 Aug 2016 09:08 AM
    Almost every prior service comes into the CG as an E3. Prior job must match with a CG job which is pretty rare. I hope it works out, seems like your recruiter wants to get you in before the end of the recruiting year; which is making things tight. The next DEPOT is most likely in October or November. That would have been the way to go IMO. Let us know how it turns out.
    Rpjones0630

--
    29 Aug 2016 09:38 AM
    will do! Thank you very much for all of the info.
    Rpjones0630

--
    30 Aug 2016 11:43 AM
    I got my a school date of the 28th of November. They are awaiting my clearance to come over from the navy to get me into depot on October. How long will it take to send a security clearance to another branch?
    Trusted Member
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AirDale13

--
    30 Aug 2016 08:21 PM
    I really can't believe they haven't done that already. Rookies...LOL!!! Recruiter joke. Anyways, reciprocity doesn't take too long. Normal 2 week turn around. But that kind of pushes it close to the deadline for the October DEPOT class as your recruiter has to have all your accession paperwork, documents, contract, etc. to Cape May, I think its, 21 days before you arrive...........
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement