Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Week 5 phone call
Last Post 23 Nov 2016 04:01 PM by ebee. 11 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
aprilburke47

--
08 Sep 2016 11:02 AM
    My husband went into BCT on 8/23. I know he gets to call with his orders during week 5, but when is it most likely for me to receive his call? Our wedding anniversary in 9/21 and if there is a chance he will call me on that day I need to ask for it off from work because I know I will be emotional. I know no one can predict the exact day but is there any consistency to when they call home?
    Trusted Member
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    mkelly

--
    08 Sep 2016 12:04 PM
    I don't think you can predict when or what day he will call on. We called in the evening and I think thats the way it works with most companies. The call will be a couple of minutes and he can pretty much just tell you where he is going, he loves you, and then hang up. They kept us to 2 minutes or less with our calls. That was 6 or so years ago though.
    Zman25

--
    08 Sep 2016 12:49 PM
    My son is in Hotel-193. He graduates 9/23. From what I understand he received his orders on Thursday and he called home on Friday evening. We got his call around 7:15 pm but I know they started earlier than that as I saw many posts on the H-193 Facebook page. That is a good indicator of when the calls begin as people started posting that they had just received their call from their loved one and where they will be headed.
    ambroselli86

--
    08 Sep 2016 07:25 PM
    This brings up an interesting question, which week is week five? Is the week the recruits arrive at TRACEN CAPE MAY week one or does week one start on Friday of that week after the senior company graduates? I travel for work and would prefer to be home the traditional week for the call in an attempt to share the call with mom. Thanks everyone, I love this forum.
    Trusted Member
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    mkelly

--
    08 Sep 2016 10:12 PM
    Week one starts the week they arrive.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    09 Sep 2016 04:18 AM
    I received my call on Saturday morning. It was probably about 10:30. They started calling Friday night but it got late, calls stopped & resumed the next morning. I've heard of people getting calls as late as Tuesday of week 6. There is just no way to predict.

Also the easiest way to figure it out, as far as weeks... Count the Friday's. The 5th Friday he is there, that's the end of week 5. Fingers crossed you get someplace you'll both be excited about! Just remember, even if it isn't somewhere you thought you would want to go... Make it an adventure, enjoy & explore. If you still hate it when you leave, you never have to go there again. Or you might just end up falling in love with somewhere you thought you would hate.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    ambroselli86

--
    10 Sep 2016 04:29 PM
    Thanks mkelly!!!
    Tjgeorge

--
    20 Nov 2016 10:51 PM
    So my boyfriend left for bootcamp 10/25. I'm sure his week five is this week coming up which is actually when Thanksgiving is. Will that effect anything with his phone call privilege? Also is there like a more likely day he would call or like a specific time of day? I just really want to know so that I don't miss it 😖 I work and go to class so it'll be a HUGE bummer to miss it... Thank you!
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    21 Nov 2016 09:04 AM
    Tjgeorge, he will likely participate in Operation Fireside. That is where a local family "adopts" Coasties in boot camp for the day. They get to go to their house, eat a traditional dinner, watch football, call home. Just have a more normal day. So he should be able to call you. If it comes from the home of the family, be on the lookout for a 609 area code. I don't know if they will still get their orders on Friday, they probably will. Calls will begin after that. Some calls are as early as Thursday (probably not for this class) and can go on until as late as Tuesday. There is no set time or day. Just as the class gets through their calls home. He might even get his orders tomorrow or Wednesday and be able to let you know on Thursday. This is the military, there are many factors. Good luck, I hope he gets what he wants.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Tjgeorge

--
    21 Nov 2016 10:13 AM
    Thank you! Thank you! This helped a lot! I will definitely have my phone on me 24-7 and the volume up loud! Thank you! I really hope he gets the opputunity for Operation Fireside 
    Wardoftheflies

--
    23 Nov 2016 02:52 PM
    Is there a week 5 phone call for people who have guaranteed A school?
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ebee

--
    23 Nov 2016 04:01 PM
    Posted By Wardoftheflies on 23 Nov 2016 02:52 PM
    Is there a week 5 phone call for people who have guaranteed A school?

Yes. I was boot to A and I was able to make a call to "make travel plans". Basically, I called my now husband to ask if he was going to drive to Petaluma with me. I already knew the answer and I couldn't say much, but it was awesome to hear his voice after 5 long weeks.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement