Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
SHIPPING A VEHICLE
Last Post 12 Aug 2019 01:41 PM by JimHarris. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
cyndyd

--
19 Sep 2016 03:07 PM
    Can anyone recommend a company to ship a car from Florida to California? I am trying to help my son. He just found out his on-base housing is off-base housing and has no transportation to an from base. I have looked into many companies but they all seem to be brokers. I guess that is just how it works. I was just wondering if anyone has had any experiences in this.
    Trusted Member
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    mkelly

--
    19 Sep 2016 03:39 PM
    I've shipped a car from California to Virginia and from North Carolina to Oregon. The best way to do it is ship your car to and from the larger towns. It ends up being cheaper. Other than that, its just research to see which one is the best and for what price.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    20 Sep 2016 02:33 AM
    Can he drive it? Maybe he is already there... What better excuse for a visit?? Drive his vehicle out to him and fly home. Anything in conus we drove ourselves otherwise the CG shipped. I think that is what my ex strategically planned out in out in duty stations or just stayed out conus and got the free trip home. Lol
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    sardaddy

--
    20 Sep 2016 07:01 AM
    A broker is actually going to be your best bet. If you use a local transporter, one of two things will happen. They will charge you for the round trip cost of their transport or they will make you wait until they have found a paying customer on the other side before they ship your vehicle. As I am sure you have found, there is a long list of people willing to ship your vehicle. I don't have a specific shipper suggestion but make sure they are licensed and bonded.

Since that is an out of pocket expense, you may find that it is easier to sell the car you planned to ship and have your son purchase one in the area he is currently in with the money.

Good luck.
    drumbeater

--
    22 Sep 2016 08:17 AM
    Someone told us that the CG will help with the cost of moving your vehicle?
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    22 Sep 2016 08:23 AM
    Only if you are going outside the continental United States will the CG pay for one vehicle. It honestly might be cheaper to fly him back and have drive across. Maybe not though
    Take what you like and leave the rest behind.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    sardaddy

--
    22 Sep 2016 11:16 AM
    See JTR, pars. 5322-A and 5322-B for CONUS PDSs POV shipment eligibility, requirements, and restrictions
    Trusted Member
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AirDale13

--
    23 Sep 2016 10:01 AM
    The CG doesn't pay to ship a car CONUS unless you have a second car. At that point they will put a reimbursable amount in your orders. I just shipped mine from FL to CA. Just pick the cheapest one but if he only has that one car, he should just drive it IMO.
    JimHarris

--
    12 Aug 2019 01:39 PM
    Most of the companies you'll find online are brokers. A buddy of mine works in that industry and says its pretty much the norm. FWIW his company is called A-1 Auto Transport. They're supposed to be on the cheaper side, especially for long distance shipments. Might be worth a look.
    JimHarris

--
    12 Aug 2019 01:41 PM
    NM I didn't notice the date on the original post.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement