Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Just graduated DEPOT Sep 16, 2016. Ask away.
Last Post 20 May 2017 12:03 PM by mpc88. 35 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
disciplecore

--
03 Feb 2017 03:37 PM
Posted By lightsandsiren on 03 Feb 2017 02:57 PM
Thank you! 
I've got some wisdom teeth, one definitely needs out. Should I get it done before shipping out then? 

Any advice for physical fitness? What was your longest run? 

Honestly i would just wait myself , let them do it. You might get it done week 1. It saves you money.

We marched a lot , we would run sometimes in groups at an extremely slow pace in formation in fact if you were a tall guy in the back sometimes you were doing high knees and not moving very fast . I believe we did a three and a half mile run with cadence. 

I would start doing push-ups and sit-ups daily start with doing 10 sets of 10 push-ups and 10 sets of 10 setups daily then the next week 15 next week 20.... 
"The only easy day was yesterday"
lightsandsiren

--
03 Feb 2017 04:46 PM
Good stuff. Would you mind sending me a PM. I'd like to ask you  few other things if you don't mind.
tumonsands

--
05 Feb 2017 10:58 AM
Posted By lightsandsiren on 02 Feb 2017 10:00 AM
Dental hold, meaning recruits that have dental issues? 

Will there be enough time to send/receive letters during the three week period? I remember it taking a while to get a letter back during Army BCT. 

How would one graduate DEPOT as en E-4, if that is actually possible. It seems like there is a lot of contradicting information out there. I have six years of intelligence experience in the Army and one year as a civilian LEO. I will be trying out for the OS rating on the Active Duty side. 

Are DEPOT recruits treated any different than "8 week recruits"?

Thank you in advance! 

Hey, I'm also prior army and disciplecore is right. I'd also like to add a couple things.. We were only given 5-10 minutes, if at all, for "mail." This was right before lights out. Tbh, you're better getting your stuff ready for the next day, doing personal hygiene, or etc. You really don't have time. More is expected of you in the sense that you have less time to meet the same requirements in 20 days as opposed to 8 weeks. However, since you're prior service you'll "get the game" much easier than 18-20 y/o kids who bicker about petty stuff. My platoon argued amongst themselves much more than my depot class since we were all PS and/or professionals in the civilian world. Plus the 8 week recruits are subject to more "indoctrination" if you will. We were treated just a little bit better because there was less time for fuck-fuck games. Don't get me wrong though - DEPOT is boot camp in every sense.
mpc88

--
18 May 2017 06:20 PM

Hi all, pleasure to meet you. My question for DEPOT is about the swim. I practice multiple times a week. Do about 20-30 laps every session. My question is how strict are they with the form? I have no problem doing the 100m, I always just worry about my form since I'm no professional
Basic Member
Basic Member
jdhusker

--
18 May 2017 08:46 PM
If your form resembles the swim you are doing they won't pull you out. They pull people out who are struggling, or can't keep mostly proper form for freestyle or breast stroke. I think side stroke is also acceptable. If you can swim 100m without getting tired and struggling you will pass.
mpc88

--
20 May 2017 12:03 PM
Thank you for the response. Yes I have no problem with the getting tired or anything. My concern was the form since I was never on a swim team or anything like that. I try and practice like the test is 150-200m so when I actually do the test, it feels easier.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement