Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Future Coastie
Last Post 27 Oct 2016 11:12 AM by Old Guard2. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Stirkd04

--
25 Oct 2016 05:35 PM
    My name is Deanna. Signed up on this  forum not too long ago. Figured I should probably introduce myself.  

I ship out 15NOV, which is quickly approaching, but whose counting 
    I am having all the feels on the spectrum. Pretty sure it's normal, right? I am confident in my decision to follow through with this. Just getting caught up in everything and trying to make last minute plans with friends and family before this new experience commences.  & I am totally up for this new family of the USCG! Semper Paratus. Hope to be joining the fleet after New Year! 
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    26 Oct 2016 12:38 PM
    Welcome and good luck!
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    26 Oct 2016 03:31 PM
    Everyone has pretty much the same spectrum of doubts, nervousness, what if's, excitement... That's all perfectly normal. It would be more abnormal to have no emotion about all of it. There is a lot of unknown ahead of you in those 8 weeks. But you will get there, you will get through boot, it will all be wonderful and then onto your first station and Coast Guard life!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    blaneypark

--
    26 Oct 2016 05:15 PM
    Study everything from spelling you last name first, firstname last, to all the books given to you. Many before you have done it and many after you will do it. Welcome to the finest branch of service you could join. I think I will follow your company through boot camp and give any support to you or any others in your company.
    Stirkd04

--
    26 Oct 2016 06:08 PM
    Thanks all!

I'm sure as it gets down to the wire I will have plenty of more questions so be ready!

How do you plan on following our company through bootcamp Blaneypark?

OldGuard2 are you currently stationed at Staten Island? My recruiter, another recruit and myself are possibly making our way out there 09NOV after 0900. Will you be there?
    blaneypark

--
    27 Oct 2016 06:55 AM
    Stirkd04 Go to F/B and type in Coast Guard Boot Camp Companies. or For your dad or boyfriend Coast Guard Fathers Husbands and Fiances. Lot of good info there.
    Stirkd04

--
    27 Oct 2016 08:29 AM
    😐 What about for Mom and girlfriend...
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    m1ashooter

--
    27 Oct 2016 10:42 AM
    I believe only family members are allowed to join the Company Face Book Page. Also people that are interested can follow the company blog which can be found on Cape Mays home page.

There is a Face Book Page for Moms and family and friends.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    27 Oct 2016 11:08 AM
    I believe anyone can join the Facebook company pages, how can you tell if someone is a family member or not?? You just need to request to join. For Moms there is a USCG Moms group, there is also USCG Moms and Grandmas. There are a lot of groups out there. I'm part of the USCG Moms group, they are a great bunch of ladies and very supportive. Have your mom message one of the Admins in that group and she will be welcomed in.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    27 Oct 2016 11:12 AM
    Stirkd04, my son is the Coastie, he is stationed on Staten Island. I am a former Coast Guard wife and our son followed in his father's footsteps. He has been there a year and enjoys it but can't wait to get back to a boat. He was on the Seneca in Boston after boot camp and then the Midgett in Seattle after A School. He met his beautiful bride in Boston and they are having a great time. Colin just reenlisted for 6 more years. He will celebrate 8 years in the CG in February.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement