Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
February 7th, 2017
Last Post 03 Feb 2017 01:29 PM by BrownieMan. 44 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
MtnMan

--
01 Nov 2016 05:06 PM
    Who else is shipping out this date?
    BrownieMan

--
    07 Nov 2016 11:01 PM
    Just found out today that I would be shipping out Feb 7th.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    jdhusker

--
    08 Nov 2016 12:34 AM
    Lucky, I ship March 21. I would love to ship now but I picked March to make sure I'm as ready as possible. You will be almost done by the time I get there!
    MtnMan

--
    08 Nov 2016 05:37 PM
    Awesome, I hope to see you at the Philadelphia USO. The ride to cape may will suck. What have you been doing physically to prepare for bootcamp?
    MtnMan

--
    08 Nov 2016 05:41 PM
    March will be a good time of year to be at bootcamp. I didn't pick feb 7th. I was handed it because I'm guaranteed MK a school in may. Just keep working hard and you'll make it!
    BrownieMan

--
    09 Nov 2016 03:04 PM
    I've been working out pretty regularly, at least 5 to 6 days a week, a few hours each day. I can pass the push up and sit up test, I think I can pass the swim test but I haven't tried it. I am struggling with running though, I just hate it. I need to bring my time down by about 3 to 4 minutes to pass.
    MtnMan

--
    10 Nov 2016 07:12 AM
    That sounds like a good workout regiment. I've also been working out 5/6 times a week and I always finish up with like 3 miles on a stationary bike. (I've heard we do a lot of that at cape may). Lately I've been focusing on pull ups a lot because that exercise is directly proportional to push ups.- this off topic but I also wrote a bunch of good tips regarding required knowledge in my helmsman and laminated the whole thing in scotch tape.
    BrownieMan

--
    11 Nov 2016 11:05 AM
    I've heard about the stationary bikes, I don't own one or a gym membership, so looks like that'll be new when I get to Cape May! I haven't received my helmsman yet, but I've read through the online version and definitely need to lay out some studying time.
    BrownieMan

--
    11 Nov 2016 11:07 AM
    What "A" school are you hoping to sign up for and where do you want to get stationed after Cape May?
    MtnMan

--
    11 Nov 2016 12:21 PM
    im guaranteed MK a school directly after bootcamp because I'm shipping out as an E3 due to college credits. I love working on machines and figuring out how things work. I'm hoping to be stationed in the 5th district so I can be somewhat close to family. I'd love a medium endurance cutter starting out so I can get plenty of experience. But a SAR unit would be equally as great in my opinion. WBU?
    BrownieMan

--
    11 Nov 2016 04:21 PM
    That's awesome! I'm shipping out as an E3 as well because of my degree, but I want to go ME or possibly BM, so I'll have to wait to put my name on a list. I'm hoping for District 11 or 13 for the same reasons, to be somewhat close to family. I'd love to get on an 87ft Cutter or any Small Boat station.
    MtnMan

--
    12 Nov 2016 10:16 AM
    I really wanted to go ME, but since the a school wait is close to 2 years I just don't know if I'd want to wait that long. I think district 13 would be cool! I'd love to go out west someday. Man I just wonder how much snow cape may gets in February. Either way it will be better then going in the summer
    BrownieMan

--
    12 Nov 2016 06:01 PM
    Yeah the wait is a bit discouraging. If I get stationed somewhere I really like I don't think I'll mind the wait, but if not I think I'll put my name for BM. 

I have no clue, I imagine it's gonna be pretty cold at times. I honestly prefer the heat over the cold! 
    MtnMan

--
    15 Nov 2016 07:07 AM
    So what are your physical stats looking like so far? And how about required knowledge?
    BrownieMan

--
    17 Nov 2016 07:47 PM
    Im doing around 40 push ups a minute and 40 sit ups a minute, + or - maybe one or two depending on how I m feeling. I really need to work on my running, I'm doing my mile and a half at around 14:45, so I really need to bring that down in the next couple months.

I actually just got my Helmsman today, so I need to set aside some time to study my required knowledge.

How about you?
    MtnMan

--
    18 Nov 2016 09:43 PM
    im right at 45-50 push ups in a minute. And my run is at 9:25. I did police academy a few months back and we literally ran at least 5 miles every other day. So im a great runner. but sit ups kill me! I can barely get to 40 without burning out.

the hardest thing required knowledge wise for myself was learning how to describe the ranks. like E8 will be -ECHO 8, SENIOR CHIEF PETTY OFFICER. Collar device consists of: Zero one gold anchor behind Zero One silver Coast guard shield below Zero one silver star. and sleeve insignia consists of: Zero Three gold chevron Below, Zero One white rating insignia below, Zero one gold rocker, below zero one perched white eagle below, Zero One white star, on a field of blue.

its such a pain learning all of that but im sure it will come in handy
    BrownieMan

--
    23 Nov 2016 10:34 PM
    Wow, great run time. I absolutely hate running. 

Do we really need to know how to describe the collar device that way?
    MtnMan

--
    24 Nov 2016 10:28 AM
    Yeah for real, my buddy who just graduated was telling me that He saw multiple people reverted because they couldn't describe sleeve insignias properly.
    MtnMan

--
    Yeah for real, my buddy who just graduated was telling me that He saw multiple people reverted because they couldn't describe sleeve insignias properly.
    MtnMan

--
    BrownieMan

--
    26 Nov 2016 05:19 PM
    Looks like I need to seriously sit down and study.

Recently saw this post on reddit and wanted to share it: 
    https://www.reddit.com/r/uscg/comments/5f0fco/just_graduated_boot_camp_heres_what_i_wish_i_knew/

Thought it was very helpful. 
    MtnMan

--
    27 Nov 2016 02:40 PM
    Yeah that is extremely informative. I can't wait for February to get here. I wonder what company we will be
    MtnMan

--
    27 Nov 2016 02:40 PM
    Yeah that is extremely informative. I can't wait for February to get here. I wonder what company we will be
    FilthyEcho1

--
    29 Nov 2016 09:16 PM
    Mtnman, I noticed you said you were in boot camp before? What company were you in? And why are you going back what happened?
    FilthyEcho1

--
    29 Nov 2016 09:16 PM
    Mtnman, I noticed you said you were in boot camp before? What company were you in? And why are you going back what happened?
    MtnMan

--
    30 Nov 2016 03:37 PM
    I was in R190 in December of 2014. I ended up getting being reverted to sierra because of an injury and during my phone call home I received extremely disturbing news regarding my mother, so for a lack of better terms, I quit basic to take care of her for a while. Because of the circumstances my recruiter really helped me out and was able to get my waiver approved rather quickly. I truly want to be a coast guardsman with everything I have.
    FilthyEcho1

--
    01 Dec 2016 08:01 AM
    Sorry to hear that! hope you make it through basic this go, good luck! chow, chow, chow, chewy!!!!
    BrownieMan

--
    25 Dec 2016 03:29 PM
    Any idea what day our graduation day is? Is it March 31st?
    MtnMan

--
    25 Dec 2016 08:28 PM
    I was thinking Around April 7th. Because it will be exactly 8 weeks after we get there on February 8th. I'm getting pumped man! Those first couple days will suck, but once Friday hits we will hit the deck running!
    BrownieMan

--
    26 Dec 2016 12:29 PM
    I should ask my recruiter. Because I know it's supposed to be 53 days (https://www.uscg.mil/hq/capemay/Training/training.asp), and the Feb 7th to March 31st is exactly 53, but I am not sure if they are counting the 7th as the first day. 

I am pretty pumped too! I've gotten my PT scores up, my run could be better, but I am passing as of now. 
    Are you bringing compression shorts and long johns?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement