Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Whiskey 178
Last Post 03 Aug 2015 01:23 PM by Old Guard2. 15 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
Hard Core Coastie Wife

--
14 Jan 2008 03:09 AM
    Does anyone have loved ones in W-178 company? I have a picture of there  company doing there Sunday fun run. I would be more than happy to send it to anyone that wants it. smilewinkgrin

Proud wife of Xomgar!!

Proud wife of Xomgar!!

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Critters

--
    14 Jan 2008 03:19 AM
    good job girl, im sure there will be some that really appreciate you taking them time to do that : )

Colleen

Proud Coastie Mom of
    SA Rivera, Lyndsey N. BM "A" School
    Yorktown, VA

Colleen

Proud Coastie Mom

Rivera, L. BM3
    USCG Police
    Cape May, NJ

Damelio, J BM1
    Atlantic City, NJ
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Yarborough

--
    15 Jan 2008 01:48 AM
    Just thought of something funny, HCCW saw Whiskey on the run......here in South Carolina we call that moonshining, in New Jersey they probably call it torture....lol..PS...after Uniform graduation there is no coasties on the bat file list...need a little help newbies!!!!!

Teresa, Proud Mom of SN Brett Butler
    "A" School, Yorktown, Virginia

Teresa, Proud Mom of BM Brett Butler
    Station Wachapreague, Virginia
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    southernbelle

--
    15 Jan 2008 02:22 AM
    Do you have me on the bat file Yarborough? ;-)
    •·.·´¯`·.·•Sarah•·.·´¯`·.·•

"I'll get by with a little help from my friends"-John Lennon

Proud wife of Petty Officer Fox
    STA Port O'Connor, Ombudsman
    Supermom

--
    15 Jan 2008 03:25 AM
    What is the bat files I read it all the time and I'm like what in the world so please do tell.

Proud Mom of
    Sr Daniel Boykin
    u-178

Proud Mom of
    SN Daniel Boykin
    u-178
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cgmom

--
    15 Jan 2008 04:20 PM
    Do you know about the Bat Gurls, the black hole, Batman, the bat poles, or secret tattoos? Gurls we have fallen down on our jobs! Fill her in Head Bat Gurl! Cause I ain't got quite a clue yet myself on half this stuff! HA!

Proud  cgmom 
                      of
     FN Husband, J.  T-178  (grad. of 01/04/08)
                      &
     SR. Husband, L.  U-178

Proud  cgmom 
                      of
                      &
     FN Husband, L.  U-178 (grad. of 01/18/08)
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    katiensb

--
    15 Jan 2008 06:17 PM
    Hey Bat Gurls,

my daughter Allison leaves for cape May on tuesday, the 22nd. Now I will need all your support. I've gone from 3 kids home to 1 in less than 3 weeks. I HATE it. I couldn't get hold of my son at his dorm last night for 2 hours and freaked. I don't know what the h**l I'm going to do when I can't talk to my daughter for 5 weeks. It is really going to be hard.

Katie

Katie
             New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cgmom

--
    15 Jan 2008 07:33 PM
    Well Allison we are here for ya! I understand the feelling completely! We all have been there or are there now or as you going to be! Emotions will run completely outta control for awhile but thats what we are here for. Just remember that its the beginning of the rest of a GREAT FUTURE for her! The amount of PRIDE as a mom still overwhelms me!
    Give lots of hugs and support to her now. Let her know that whatever happens its all part of becoming a team! She has got hang in there! It's the toughest thing she will probably ever do but worth it!

Proud  cgmom 
                      of
                      &
     SR. Husband, L.  U-178

Proud  cgmom 
                      of
                      &
     FN Husband, L.  U-178 (grad. of 01/18/08)
    vsmom

--
    15 Jan 2008 11:55 PM

Thanks for taking those pictures of the W-178. I have a son that might be in that picture.:-)
     I just found this forum and hope it will help me get over missing him. Even though he is my middle child of 3 and they are all on their own pretty much he seems the furthest away.
     He was just given his assignment. He will be on an ice breaker in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin and I have know idea what that means. Will he live on the ship? Will he be gone for months at a time? Please if anyone knows what this means please let me know.
     Thank you very much,
     Beth
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    wepprop

--
    16 Jan 2008 12:13 AM
    According to the Coast Guard web site, the ice breaker at Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin is the USCGC Mobile Bay, a 140' Icebreaking Tug that also has a 120' Aids to Navigation (ATON) barge. Does that sound like the name of your son's ship? From that information, I would guess that in early and late winter they help keep the Great Lakes open to shipping. In the summer, they do ATON refurbishment and repair. In the dead of winter, when the lakes close, they probably do maintenance. These are all surmises on my part, but it's probably roughly indicative. Given the size of the ship, I would guess that they do no more than a couple of weeks out followed by a couple weeks in-port. Hopefully someone more familiar than I with operations on the Great Lakes will correct and/or expand on this.

Father of
    SN Powers, William T., STA Destin (S-178)

<!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 1/15/2008 4:32:16 PM GMT

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Hard Core Coastie Wife

--
    16 Jan 2008 12:38 AM
    Vsmom, you are very welcome. I remember what it was like. My husband graduated in India company back in November. I sent you a private messege telling you more about the picture. =)

Proud wife of Xomgar!!

Proud wife of Xomgar!!

vsmom

--
    16 Jan 2008 12:47 AM
     Thank you both for the info. Yes it does sound like the size of ice breaker he said. He could only talk for a minute and all I heard was 140'.
    Being that I am new to this forum I don't know how to retrieve a private message. I hope you read this so I can get the message you sent.

Thanks agin for the boat info.
    vs stands for Vinnie.
    Beth

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Hard Core Coastie Wife

--
    16 Jan 2008 12:53 AM
    LOL I couldnt find my pm's when I first came to this site as well. It is at the top of the page along the control bar. It is a green envelope. =)

Proud wife of Xomgar!!

Proud wife of Xomgar!!

vsmom

--
    16 Jan 2008 01:03 AM
    haha thanks I did find it.
    Beth
    Jcano88

--
    02 Aug 2015 08:47 PM
    Can I please get a copy of the pic? 
    Address is 1805 Altura Avenue, Las Cruces,NM 88001
    I was with W-178. After my divorce I lost all my pictures I had. 
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    03 Aug 2015 01:23 PM
    JCano88, I'm going to see if I can get in touch with the original poster in this thread. The problem is this was originally posted in 2008. That person hasn't been active on the forum in a very long time. I do have her email address from her account set up, if it hasn't changed, I might be able to reach her. I can't guarantee anything but I am certain she won't check this forum. Give me a chance, let me see what I can do. Hopefully we can get you a copy of that picture.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement