Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
2017 DEPOT Dates
Last Post 19 Jul 2017 11:56 AM by Josefquinones. 12 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
JRM

--
22 Nov 2016 01:28 PM
    Anyone know of DEPOT dates in 2017 or where one could find the dates? 

Thanks

j1nx440

--
    23 Nov 2016 03:42 AM
    I know of January and March so far.
    JRM

--
    23 Nov 2016 09:35 AM
    Sweet, thanks. I was hoping there would be one around March
    WPD1204

--
    08 Dec 2016 10:01 AM
    I was just informed of FY17 DEPOT ship dates. March, June, July, and September.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    disciplecore

--
    08 Dec 2016 07:24 PM
    im guessing the january class is full or was on FY 16 list?
    "The only easy day was yesterday"
    jtang1

--
    18 Jan 2017 10:39 AM
    Do you know where to find the 2017 DEPOT dates online?  How fast do the classes usually fill up?  What are the benefits of going through the DEPOT class as opposed to just doing bootcamp again if prior service?

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    disciplecore

--
    19 Jan 2017 10:20 PM
    Posted By jtang1 on 18 Jan 2017 10:39 AM
    Do you know where to find the 2017 DEPOT dates online?  How fast do the classes usually fill up?  What are the benefits of going through the DEPOT class as opposed to just doing bootcamp again if prior service?

I think only recruiters have this information and even they dont always know because this program is like the bastard child of the coastguard . I did the old  prior service training back in 2009 called pitstop it was 5 weeks and harder than normal boot because we had less time but more required from us. 

Im sure they fill up fast since there are only a four projected and thats for the whole usa.

Depo is 20 days so obviously vs the 8 weeks cuts out a lot of the conditioning games done in normal boot.

Im in the process of coming back in so i will be going to Depot as well. 

tumonsands

--
    20 Jan 2017 03:47 PM

ask your recruiter for first 2 questions. Benefits are that it's only 3 weeks. I'm prior army and would not want to go through regular cg boot camp. everything is condensed which is both good and bad. they teach what you "need" to know but less time studying, retaining it, and applying once you're in the fleet. you deal with less bullshit from 18-20 y/olds who can't take an order. pretty much everyone got the program cause they've been through it before. I'm glad I went through depot as opposed to full 8 weeks. I'm willing to answer any questions. I graduated in November 2016 so its still fresh in my mind.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    disciplecore

--
    23 Jan 2017 11:04 AM
    Posted By tumonsands on 20 Jan 2017 03:47 PM

ask your recruiter for first 2 questions. Benefits are that it's only 3 weeks. I'm prior army and would not want to go through regular cg boot camp. everything is condensed which is both good and bad. they teach what you "need" to know but less time studying, retaining it, and applying once you're in the fleet. you deal with less bullshit from 18-20 y/olds who can't take an order. pretty much everyone got the program cause they've been through it before. I'm glad I went through depot as opposed to full 8 weeks. I'm willing to answer any questions. I graduated in November 2016 so its still fresh in my mind.

Did you guys get your uniforms all week 1 because I know some of us already have coast guard uniforms did they just deduct from your pay the full seabag? Do you remember how much that was? Did some guys bring full sea bags?

Last question I know that Pitstop didn't have one what does Depot have Honor Graduate?
    tumonsands

--
    23 Jan 2017 02:15 PM
    @disciplecore:

Yes, uniforms were issued in the first week. don't bring any uniforms, only bring what's allowed in the helmsman. No one brought a full seabag. think of it like you're a brand new recruit going to basic training (again). As for deductions, I'm not sure because I have pay issues I'm still working on.

tbh i don't remember. the recruits who were recognised were the class leader, some academic stuff for scoring high on tests, and top pt. academics and top pt were the same person. 

Do you plan on going DEPOT? 

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    disciplecore

--
    23 Jan 2017 02:51 PM
    Posted By tumonsands on 23 Jan 2017 02:15 PM
    @disciplecore:

Yes, uniforms were issued in the first week. don't bring any uniforms, only bring what's allowed in the helmsman. No one brought a full seabag. think of it like you're a brand new recruit going to basic training (again). As for deductions, I'm not sure because I have pay issues I'm still working on.

tbh i don't remember. the recruits who were recognised were the class leader, some academic stuff for scoring high on tests, and top pt. academics and top pt were the same person. 

Do you plan on going DEPOT? 

What were the tests over ? Basic epme stuff and seamanship? Same stuff other recruits learn or do they go into e4 stuff ? 
    What was the guys score for the pushups, situps in 1 min and run that was #1?
    I do plan on going depot then mk a school. Hopefully march class if meps finishes my paperwork. My prk eye surgery is what they were looking at , i know im fine with it due to the military doing it ans no complications etc. Thanks for the info. 

tumonsands

--
    23 Jan 2017 10:25 PM
    yes epme, seamanship. there might've been others but I can't recall since so much was crammed. you'll have ample study time for tests which are open notes - so tests are the least of your concerns. you'll have to look up pt scores since they're age-dependent.
    Josefquinones

--
    19 Jul 2017 11:56 AM
    I'm interested to attend the depot class, any updates on the dates or confirmation about when are they going to be?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement