So as the title suggests, my husband will be getting his orders to A school within the next 4 months. He will be going to IT a school, which is one of the few A chools that will provide a move for your family to come with you. That being said, I'm unsure if I want to move for 7 months just to have to move again when he gets his new assignment. I currently have a good career here, which I was able to transfer from our home state 2 years ago. I am planning on trying to transfer again when we get new orders after A school. I am willing to give up my career if need be, as that is what I signed up for when my husband joined the coast guard.
Would it make sense to wait out the 7 months here while my husband is away at A school? It would be very difficult for me to transfer my position twice in one year. 7 months feels like a long time, then again it's not when you consider having to move your entire life twice in that span of time. To give some insight, we have no children and I'm a fairly independent woman who does not get to see her husband everyday.
Any advice or insight is much appreciated!