Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Conditional Release and Army IRR
Last Post 13 Jan 2017 05:54 PM by Andisoss. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
rtbwmu

--
07 Jan 2017 04:14 PM
    I'm hoping someone here has gone through the conditional release from IRR process to enlist before and can help me figure this one out.

I was discharged from the Army National Guard in May, 2015 and was supposed to be in the IRR until May, 2017.  I met with a USCG recruiter the first week of this December (2016) and completed/submitted by request for conditional release at that time.  He expected not to hear back for a couple months.  Surprisingly, he calls me back three days after I met with him to let me know the Army had already granted my release.

Today (1/7/17) I receive a letter in the mail from the Army welcoming me into the IRR.  I thought my window for getting signed up for another branch was at least 90 days? It's been almost exactly 30 days since I was supposedly granted my release.  I'm already scheduled to go to MEPS this Monday and Tuesday to retake the ASVAB and get my physical done.  I'm hoping the letter was sent in error but I won't be able to call and talk to someone from HR until Monday.  

Is this going to be a huge problem?  I've already had MEPS rescheduled on my twice now.  As it's the weekend, my recruiter is not available to answer these questions so I won't see him again until the day I'm at MEPS for the ASVAB.  If the Army has for some reason decided to take my back already will I have to submit a whole new request for conditional release?  

Dont sweat it.

--
    08 Jan 2017 05:16 PM
    I was released from the California National Guard (CARNG) back in 1991 to enter into USCG Active duty that same year - I still had 2 years on my contract for the CARNG. A few years later LA County Sheriff's office had sent a warrant for my arrest to my XO for being AWOL from the CARNG. I was already in the CG 2 years. Also Army sent a letter stating I owed SGLI from CARNG for the 2 years I was already paying in USCG.

The fix I had to make was to write a letter which included all my paperwork to join the CG (enlistment, release, etc). I also included copies of my LES. So, keep all your paperwork, and contact your local Army reserve HQ to ensure they received the release. keep going with all your CG appointments through MEPS and make sure yo9ur CG recruiter knows what is going on as well.

Know that you are now joining the better Service-good choice! Good luck- It's a different service for sure. I loved it and stayed 22 years!
    rtbwmu

--
    09 Jan 2017 07:48 AM
    Wow that's crazy!

I was able to call the HR Dept. of the Army today who confirmed that my conditional release is good through the middle of May (when I'm discharged from the IRR anyways).  

Headed to MEPS for the ASVAB today and back again tomorrow for the physical.  I'll have to get a dependent waiver as I'm married with a child and my wife is pregnant and then after that will need to sell our house.  Hopefully all goes well. 
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Andisoss

--
    13 Jan 2017 05:54 PM
    Sounds like you figured it out, but you will not be discharged from Army IRR until you are sworn into the Coast Guard. Once you swear into the Coast Guard, the Army will receive a copy of your DD Form 4 and complete the discharge. 

The Conditional release simply lets the Coast Guard know that they are willing to terminate your contract with the Army early provided you end up joining. 

Also, because you are prior service, you will not be in the DEP. This means will you will not swear in until the day you ship to Cape May. I hope that helps. 

Best of luck. 
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement