Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
RDP Questions
Last Post 10 Mar 2017 02:13 PM by Joe947. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Pizarro94

--
09 Jan 2017 09:43 AM
    Good Morning Everyone! I am currently in the process of joining the reserves. Passed MEPS, performed well on the ASVAB. chosen desired location to work and I submitted my RDP. It's been about a month since I sent my required documents(Letters of Exp. and Resume) for the package and I haven't heard back from my recruiter. I emailed him twice in this period just to check in. I know a month isn't really a long time, but I was wondering how long does take to hear back from recruiter in regards to it being approved or rejected? Additionally, a little more unrelated, I was informed I still had to complete the credit and police check. Does anyone one else know what comes after this step? Thank you for your help! -Jesse
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CPORJM

--
    09 Jan 2017 03:50 PM
    Your recruiter will let you know as soon as they know something. You will need to complete the credit check and police records check. Once all that happens, you'll be scheduled for your DEPOT date
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    Pizarro94

--
    10 Jan 2017 05:25 AM
    I'll just have to be patient I guess, haha. Thank you!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Ljcalimano

--
    13 Jan 2017 06:05 AM
    Pizarro94

I think it is safe to say that most of us have been in your shoes. Even a day without hearing back seems long. You are doing the right thing by checking in with the recruiter. If you have questions about DEPOT please feel free to ask, I am a DEPOT graduate.
    Pizarro94

--
    17 Jan 2017 08:31 AM
    Right, the anticipation is probably what makes it worse. I'm not entirely sure if I'll get accepted but here's to optimism! I passed the checks so all I have left is the RDP approval. how was overall DEPOT experience for you though? Did you learn all the required info prior to going?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Ljcalimano

--
    21 Jan 2017 02:53 PM
    I learned all of the required knowledge and a little more. DEPOT is just like bootcamp, but only 20 days. You get screamed at, a lot of PT, classes, training, etc. Go over prepared in terms of the required knowledge and physical test. They'll ask you randomly about the general orders, ranks, rates, etc.
    Pizarro94

--
    08 Mar 2017 05:58 AM
    Just as an update to this post, I'm still waiting on the approval. it's nerve racking waiting for them to tell me I'm good to go but it is what is it. My recruiter told me they are backed up and systems will be down for a bit. hopefully everything goes through soon.
    Joe947

--
    10 Mar 2017 02:13 PM
    My whole process, from my first meeting with my recruiter until my RDP was approved took 12 months. I went to DEPOT five months later, so a total of more than a year and a half.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement