Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Only 20 Surf stations that are left?
Last Post 06 Jan 2018 08:58 AM by hooligan. 8 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
disciplecore

--
01 Feb 2017 08:20 PM
    Are there still 20 mlb surf stations left ? Ive heard about closures and wondered if those were heavy weather or surf.
    I'm coming back in and im going straight to mk a school.
    I am wanting to go back to a surf station in D11 or 13.

"The only easy day was yesterday"
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    01 Feb 2017 08:34 PM
    I can tell you for a fact that Morro Bay, Humboldt Bay and Golden Gate are still around.  I'm not 100% sure if Channel Islands Harbor is a designated Surf Station, eventhough they have a 47 assigned
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    disciplecore

--
    01 Feb 2017 08:49 PM
    Posted By CPORJM on 01 Feb 2017 09:34 PM
    I can tell you for a fact that Morro Bay, Humboldt Bay and Golden Gate are still around.  I'm not 100% sure if Channel Islands Harbor is a designated Surf Station, eventhough they have a 47 assigned

Those are my top 3, cape d is on there as well.  Thanks for the confirmation on those 3 chief.
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    02 Feb 2017 12:57 PM
    We have a BM2 who got orders to Chetco River, OR so I imagine that one is up and running also.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    05 Feb 2017 09:50 PM
    There are definitely surf stations still. The weather isn't going anywhere and the 47s aren't either.

A couple heavy weather stations got 45s and have since lost their designation as heavy weather units, but this isn't the case with surf stations where they can't send a 45 into the surf. All of Oregon is still there, Cape D is definitely still there, I'd say most of them are. Hawaii went through the transition but hopefully they get the 47s back, or they give 45s a higher parameter.
    Take what you like and leave the rest behind.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    disciplecore

--
    06 Feb 2017 10:20 AM
    Posted By Bells on 05 Feb 2017 10:50 PM
    There are definitely surf stations still. The weather isn't going anywhere and the 47s aren't either.

A couple heavy weather stations got 45s and have since lost their designation as heavy weather units, but this isn't the case with surf stations where they can't send a 45 into the surf. All of Oregon is still there, Cape D is definitely still there, I'd say most of them are. Hawaii went through the transition but hopefully they get the 47s back, or they give 45s a higher parameter.

Thanks for the info. Thats good to hear , i want to stay station side mlb my whole career.
    rscalzo7297

--
    12 Jun 2017 03:21 PM
    There's Station Oregon inlet (outer banks of NC) and station hatteras(sorry Tj side of the outer banks. They're about 1hr and 10 min apart
    cdeperna

--
    29 Dec 2017 03:22 AM
    Sector North Bend has 5 surf stations year round and 2 additional seasonal stations.
    hooligan

--
    06 Jan 2018 08:58 AM
    Uh, doesn't the Atlantic get rough also?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement