Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
DEP meetings
Last Post 16 Feb 2017 09:55 PM by AG305. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Garrettribble99

--
07 Feb 2017 11:43 PM
    what are DEP meetings like? Do you do allot of PT? Or more of asking questions and getting answers? 1st DEP meeting and 2nd? Differences? 

lilq824

--
    08 Feb 2017 11:00 AM
    I have my first DEP meeting tomorrow morning. I'll get back to you then.
    cdeperna

--
    08 Feb 2017 02:36 PM
    They are meant to prep for you boot camp. My recruiter would schedule them once per month. You run 1.5 miles, do push-ups and sit-ups to make sure your can at least, if not exceed the standards during boot camp. Our recruiter also quizzed us on general orders, ranks, greetings etc. Everything in the helmsman is fair game once you get to boot. That was the case for me when I went through 5 months ago. Good luck!
    lilq824

--
    09 Feb 2017 09:50 AM
    It was abbreviated due to weather, but we went in and watched CG-related videos, including "It's Not Just 8 Weeks".

We then did sit ups and push ups to see how many we could do in a minute. You're encouraged to really push yourself. The recorded numbers are expected to be improved upon throughout future DEP Meetings.

At this point, we were supposed to go for a run, but again, weather. So instead we went over key parts of the Helmsman.

This part she said most recruiter's offices don't do, but they do here. We went down the line with everyone saying a letter in the phonetic alphabet. Randomly picked people to give one of the 11 general orders. Briefly went over military time. Talked about what to/what not to bring to boot camp.

That was pretty much it. Next meeting is in a week!
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    09 Feb 2017 10:25 AM
    Excellent info. Are you in the North East? Be safe out there. My parents are in Central Jersey, retired and happily hunkered down at home. My son is stationed on Staten Island... Today is a day off for him, works 3 days this weekend and his wife is off on Thursday's. So I have a feeling they are pretty much the same, just hunkered down at home, watching Netflix. Good luck and keep improving! You've got this.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Garrettribble99

--
    09 Feb 2017 02:09 PM
    Awesome I ship March 28th, it's coming fast my first dep meeting will the the 25th of this month. Just now getting started on my helmsman but wont take me long to get stuff memorized. Thanks
    lilq824

--
    10 Feb 2017 11:05 AM
    I ship the same day! I got the Ethos down 100%. General orders are gonna give me fits though.

I know at the DEP meeting they stressed that it must be said verbatim, word-for-word. Many have turned me on the this app called Quizlet. It's like a study app pretty much. I'll certainly get some use out of it.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AG305

--
    16 Feb 2017 09:55 PM
    DEP meetings are great! they really helped me out along with this site when i was headed to boot. in my office we had to line up outside and one by one we would get quized on random helmsman knowledge BEFORE we were even allowed in. had to sound off and speak the proper way too. it was legit lol
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement