Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Interview feedback
Last Post 30 May 2019 11:47 AM by Semper_Smurf. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
invader

--
24 Feb 2017 10:11 AM
    Hi All --

I know that the applicant never gets to see the interview form, but is it possible for the recruiter to tell the applicant if they received a certain score (out of 7) or overall feedback?

Many thanks!
    DCA1234

--
    24 Feb 2017 01:35 PM
    I received feedback from the board directly after the interview. They simply mentioned I did well and they would send the paperwork back to the recruiter. I think you can tell to some degree how well it's going. If you are fumbling with questions, prob not a good sign. The recruiter gave me feedback but it was also short and simple ("I got your paperwork and you did well"). I wouldn't count on much feedback other than that.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ebee

--
    24 Feb 2017 02:56 PM
    They can't tell you your score but they can let you know generally if you did well. My board said I did well and my recruiter said I should not re-do my interview if I have to re-apply, for example.
    invader

--
    24 Feb 2017 03:52 PM
    Thank you! I was unsure if I should ask my recruiter. I did. He did mention my score but nothing else regarding the contents of the form. It went well! Now it's the waiting game until mid-March
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ebee

--
    24 Feb 2017 08:23 PM
    Nice, I'm waiting to hear back as well. Best of luck to you!
    invader

--
    25 Feb 2017 10:29 AM
    Same to you What program did you apply for?
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ebee

--
    25 Feb 2017 02:18 PM
    OCS-R, but I had to put in an age waiver and I barely qualify for it over OCS-T based on time in service so we'll see how it goes.
    hessamoddin

--
    15 Feb 2019 10:30 PM
    In most boards they will give you some level of feedback on your performance. Though as other mentioned, they won't provide your score right away and will never communicate it to you afterwards either. Towards the end of our DCO school we received the original copies of our DCO interview forms. It was an interesting read, and I saved it in my records for future.
    whoami

--
    29 May 2019 05:43 PM
    It would be interesting to see the correlation between interview scores an selection. Similar to the "Trends and Statistics" sections on the OJAK. It would help answer a few general questions about the interviews weight in the overall process. Such as how many people get say 5's compared to 7s? Is a 7 (the must select) really that important? Etc.

Sure, the interview is just a portion of the packet. However, the OJAK also states the following about interview importance:
    - "One of the most important pieces of an application package is the personal interview."
    - "The insight the interview board provides to the selection panel is invaluable to the selection process, as the panel members will not have any contact with the applicants, and must base their decisions entirely on the content of the applications."

Semper_Smurf

--
    30 May 2019 11:47 AM
    My recruiter told me the interview is easily the most important part of your application because it can basically invalidate anything else you submit if you do poorly. Anyone can track down an O5 or O6 to write a recommendation, anyone can get their CO to write some amazing endorsement, anyone can BS their way through an awesome narrative making them the hero of the world. As great as all of that makes an applicant look it's extremely hard for a weak candidate to BS their way through a 1-2 hour off-the-cuff interview with experienced officers, some of which have done 100's of interviews and know BS when they hear it.

If the interview board says you're not up to the job then suddenly all those awesome, prepared and polished documents/credentials in your packet mean very little.

Makes sense to me.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement