Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Joining at 24
Last Post 02 Mar 2017 04:03 PM by lilq824. 8 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Christian106

--
01 Mar 2017 02:12 PM
    I have been seriously considering joining as of late and I was just wondering if I would have a good shot at getting in being older (24). Is being older viewed as a negative in the recruitment process. I consider myself to be fairly bright, was a good student in high school and my limited college experience before I decided it wasn't for me and started working random jobs. I now feel I want to do something fulfilling and meaningful. I'm in excellent physical shape and a hard worker I just want ed to know if my age would be a limiting factor.
    Trusted Member
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    mkelly

--
    01 Mar 2017 02:32 PM
    The age of 24 will not be a limiting factor for enlisting. There are some things that it might limit, like you won't be able to go to the academy but the majority of things will be available to you.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    01 Mar 2017 02:58 PM
    The one thing to consider, you will be enlisting with a lot of life experience and being an adult for a while now. There are a lot of Coasties that enlist straight out of high school. There is a very good chance you would report to someone that is only 19, 20, 21. Are you ok with that? As far as with the recruiter and the process of enlisting itself, your age is no problem. My son went to boot camp exactly 1 week after his 20th birthday. Still wet behind the ears on a lot of things but he wasn't a kid himself anymore. Good luck!! Any other questions, please feel free to ask. We're here to help however we can.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Christian106

--
    01 Mar 2017 04:57 PM
    Thanks for the information, I have no problem with my superiors being younger than me. I'm glad to hear that my age as a number won't hurt my chances.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    m1ashooter

--
    02 Mar 2017 12:06 AM
    As others have said your age now doesn't matter. There is a debt to income ratio that you have to meet to enlist. Have you checked that out?
    Christian106

--
    02 Mar 2017 12:32 AM
    That was next on my list what's included in it, I assuming I would be good because I paid cash for my car so no car payments and had never taken loans for school,and I pay off my credit cards each month when they are due.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    02 Mar 2017 08:31 AM
    You should be fine. Legal issues?? Parking tickets, back child support, charge offs on old credit cards??
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Christian106

--
    02 Mar 2017 11:15 AM
    No none of that stuff I've always been one to keep my nose clean and stay out of trouble also I have no kids. Only other question on the application online it has the education section where they ask for GPA since I never finished college would I use that one or my one from high school I'm just fuzzy on that stuff since I haven't been in college since I was 20.
    lilq824

--
    02 Mar 2017 04:03 PM
    I turned 24 in August, went into the recruiter's office in September, and swore in in January. My age never came up. You should be fine.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement