Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Anyone have questions about basic training?
Last Post 30 Mar 2017 09:50 AM by Allowatsakima2. 10 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Allowatsakima2

--
03 Mar 2017 04:09 PM
    Just graduated today with Zulu-193 ask me anything you're wondering about basic training.

SN Dake

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    jdhusker

--
    03 Mar 2017 06:09 PM
    Was the first week fitness test a problem for anyone? What was the toughest part of basic for you to adapt to?
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    m1ashooter

--
    03 Mar 2017 11:09 PM
    Congratulations.
    Dharding

--
    03 Mar 2017 11:45 PM
    Congratulations! I will be shipping out on the 28th and I was just wondering how much pay did you come out with? I'm just trying to get everything squared away before I leave.
    Allowatsakima2

--
    04 Mar 2017 08:58 AM
    Yes it was a problem for quite a few people. Some got rephrased and put into different company's. Make sure you can pass the requirements your recruiter gives you before you go and what is in your helmsman. Fitness is one of the number on things that help you succeed at boot camp. I was not as ready as I shoulda been I just had to push myself when the time came. 

SN Dake

Allowatsakima2

--
    04 Mar 2017 09:02 AM
    The toughest thing for me to adapt was realizing that if one person messes up in the company the whole company messed up. Once you're there for a couple of weeks it makes more sense. The question about pay all depends on what day your shipping. I got payed 3 times. You will most likely get payed 3-4 times you're there. Just make sure you give the recruiter the right information for your direct deposit. 

SN Dake
    DillonHinson

--
    22 Mar 2017 04:18 PM
    How was the first week PT test scored? I've heard it is now a points-based test, where you could end up doing less sit-ups than you need, but still pass because you've earned enough points by doing really well on the run and push-ups. Is this correct?
    lilq824

--
    22 Mar 2017 04:41 PM
    What happened after you graduated? Did you go home for a few days? How much time between you graduating and going to your first duty station?

I ship out on Tuesday.
    bejohnst10

--
    27 Mar 2017 02:34 PM
    Any advice before shipping out? Maybe anything besides knowing the inside and out of the helmsman? Also, what happens after boot camp? I've read very broad things on this forum about it but nothing that really makes me understand how it work after. Thanks
    Allowatsakima2

--
    30 Mar 2017 09:44 AM
    DillonHinson you are correct the first week or test is a points system. The numbers in your helmsman are week 5 standards. I don't remember exactly what the points were on each exercise. But I was not in good shape before I left and I passed. You will be running with the whole company so it makes you push yourself.
    Allowatsakima2

--
    30 Mar 2017 09:50 AM
    bejohnst10 prepare yourself as much as you can physically it will make your life a whole lot easier at boot camp. Know general orders by heart in order backwards and jumping around. Bring good underwear. After boot camp you will get 5 days leave plus travel days depending on how far you first unit is from Cape May, yes from Cape May not from your home. And you will then report to your unit and start breaking in. You have to get qualified in whatever that units qualifications are. Every unit is different. Once you are qualified you will be able to put your name on an A school list. If you have any specific question on what happens after boot camp let me know. 
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement